THIRTY

"So glad you joined our side dear?"

"Of course, mother dear," Dite replied sickenly sweet, but that made Hera turn to face her. Her eyes burning like black holes.

"You know, that is the only time you have put me under that title? What changed so suddenly?" Hera queried. Dite shrugged, "Changed when dad came after me again. And  you know I go for men who are at least my age and aere not my adoptive father."

Hera though a bit, "I am glad that that has gotten through to you. Makes me though, hate you if you did accept his invitation." She took a sip of her tea, glancing at the liquid. She placed the cup and plate down, and clasped her hands.

"So mother, what do we do now?" Dite asks, taking her own tea cup in her hands. She glanced at it before taking a small sip. Hera smiled, ignoring her question, "We'll talk about that later. For now how is the tea? I made your favorite. Earl grey with green tea."

Dite nodded, her face in fake happiness and she nodded and recalled her delighfulness on the tea. "It tastes very nicely done."

Hera nodded, "Well if you don't mind if we put you on immortal babysitting. I would love to show you what happened to gracious Demeter, sweet Persephone, fast flying Hermes, runkish Dionysus, and blood lusting Ares. Though," she placed a finger to her chin, "maybe not Ares, he's still in severe condition, but everybody else, of course."

Hera kept drinking her tea, eyes never on Aphrodite as she sipped up the rest of the tea.

On the other hand, Aphrodite looked ready to punch somebody, she was having trouble breathing and her eyes were murderous, a deep and darkened blue, like a pair of twin storms. She gripped the table so hard, I was sure that the vibrationg of the table was from her.

"Well, phrodite shall we go check on our family?" Hera asked mockingly.

"I don't know why your  doing this, I joined your side didn't I?" Dite spat out. Her shaking controlled, and her arms crossed tightly.

Hera looked her, eyeing her closely, "That doesn't mean I trust you completely. Now let's walk."

"Now here is where our family lies," Hera gestures to the door. A iron looking material covers the front, and an huge metal spin wheels is attatched to the front. If I was there I would be disgusted, it is where usually you keep specimen to dissect.

Aphrodite, glanced at the door before looking away, obviously getting riled u again. Hera smiled secretedly and if on pause, she glanced at me, where I felt like she knew I was there. That this stupid vision were from her.

Hera keyed in a lock and spinned the wheel, which complied with a loud pull. The door flipped open and both of the women entered. Inside was absolutely no better, they're were this electric translucent bar cages. They moved in the flow of energy signaling to an onlooker that theyre was indeed cages there.

Finally came the immortals who the majority sat up in anticipation. They looked awful and highly malnourished. Remembering godly information, they don't do well without their ambrosia, compared to us like coffee, alcohol or cigareetes.                  

Everyone had dragging faces, their eyes had bags under their eyes as if they never slept at all. The I clothes were in tatters and ripping apart, while hair was no longer shiny. Their skin was dirty and filled with grim, which was ironic because of the clean looking floors and walls.

And one thing that stood out of all that was their glow was dimmer, almost close to invisible.  Now that was strange, because all immortals have that immortal glow, even in situations like this. A reasoning might be-