FIVE

Later on, Vulcan still kept who he is inside. And unfortunately I had Aprodite as company for the rest of the afternoon.

"I'm sorry Kate. I really am," she kept saying as I moved to the window seat. She follows. The bathroom, she's coming.

"D-Aphrodite please stop. Its not going to change what you did," I say calmly.

"I'm sorry," she stretched out the word, "But I just want to talk to you.  But you won't let me."

I sighed and sat on the bed. "Aphrodite, look. I told you I didn't want to be here, but I'm here.  In this place that I'm pretty sure is heaven or something. But I just want to go home. Cant you understand that? I don't even know why I'm supposed to be here."

"Kate. You must be the luckiest mortal. You get to see Olympus for yourself." I blinked.

"And you get to meet Dad aka the King."

"The King aka Dad? Who is this dad?" I ask, mixed emotioned.

"Dont you read any greek mythology at all?" Aphrodite asks, her voice confused.

"Yea." A click in my head. "You mean Zeus, the King of the Gods. And you were," I scrunched my eyebrows, "Born from the sea. Adopted and maried Hepatasus ." Aphrodite nodded, hyperly.

"Yep thats the one and that's corect, the details about me," she laughs. "I can't believe the faces on everyone. Gods, it was hilarious." I laughed, but it came out as a uh huh.

"So you finally talkin' to me?" asked Aphrodite. I looked at her, but slowly nodded. 

"But still I'll remember it till the day I d-"

"Shhh," Aprodite had her hand on my mouth, "Dont say that. Your in Olympus and Hades can hear everything like a rock concert, so keep the T, D, and H word silent."

"You got it?," she contined. I nodded slightly. She was strong for a goddes of beauty. "Try not to forgot not to say those words, okay?" I nodded again. But this time it felt like an underwater nod, like some one was contolling me.

"Aphrodite," I croaked, "Stop your mind control stuff. Its not going to work on me." My head was instantly released and the whosh of freedom air went slap against me.

"Seriously," I rubbed my temple, "I dont get why you use that 'mind thing' so much. Especially on me. I thought I was your friend." I look at her.

She fidgeted, the only time I saw her look uncomfortable. Well that's a first. "You are," she says, looking at the floor, "But it's so familar and I used a lot back in Greece when I was little. Getting everything I wanted, it was just normal.

I nodded. "Try to limit it," I say, "because as you could see. I was able to be myself even under your control." I shut my mouth on the part that I almost slipped completely, so partially I told her a fib, even if it is a partial truth.

A knock came from the door. Both Aphrodite and me turned towards it. Vulcan came in, and he was holding two trays which looked difficult since he was also dangling down from a pair of crutches. 

"Here," he said setting the trays on a table near the bed, "Dad said to bring you these since your technically quarantined with Aphrodite till tomorrow." I nodded. "Thanks." He nodded.

Then he gave a extra long look at Aphrodite before walking and shutting the door after him. I turned on Aphrodite, "What was that about?"

Aprodite shook her head like she was lost, and responded with a clueless 'What?'

"Vulcan and his staring. Doesn't it creep you out?"

"Actually no," she says, "I'm used to it."

I switched the topic, "Does he hate you?"

"Maybe," Aphrodite said in a quiet voice.

I could see she didn't want this discussion to continue so I switched the topic yet again and asked what were the food on the plates. Halfheartedly, Aphrodite explained each new set of food, though her comment still made her weary, she was chirpy and compleminted on how everything tasted good.

There was Tiropites, which was cheese triangles that had different greek cheese stuffed inside. There was also Baklava, which was a cinnamon- spiced nut dessert topped with sweet syrup. Also their was a bowl of fruits, with cheese and olives too. And the drink was a black tea that was covered in lemon slices. Aphrodite pointed out that was Tsai or in smple terms tea.

All the dishes were actually pretty tasty. But I really went for the cinnamon pastry which was crunchy and warm at the same time. Aphrodite got other food, which I asked her about as well. She got the identical bowl of olives and friuts, but instead on the cheese triangles she got somthing called Pastitsio, which was almost a lasgna. With pasta, meat and a creamy sauce. Instead of of the cinnamon pastry she got, Galaktoboureko, which was a custard filled pastry. Though instead of cutuard the cooks put ambrosia in it, which Aphrodite explained repeatedly that it was the food of the gods. And it was really good.

$/&**:*/&:&:!\'/'-/'&:/:\&\:/!\"\!':\""$4#2"/:**,&/

Please enjoy and tell meh watcha think...

Also stay tuned this is just getting started.

Thank you misters.

PW2000