TWENTY ONE

Kate POV

Sleeping was pretty peaceful, after Aphrodite left, I slowly passed out on the bed. I thought, Maybe this time I could sleep with out dreams or nightmares, just sleep. How wrong I was when I found myself  in a dream and at the happiest place that my memory stored.

The bridge. The one that arched behind a "secret garden." This time Dad was there, and I started to cry. It's been 2 years since he died unexpectedly, and I never forgot our place. My mom remarried eventually a couple of months later, and since then we haven't mentioned the strange things that happened when I was 13. It was the three of our's secret.

"Daddy," I croaked, as he combed my hair, just like he used to do.

"Yes, pumpkin," his whispery voice answered back.

"I miss you. Can you come home?" I say brokenly.

"Oh, pumpkin. I would love too, but i cant," he lifts my face, "Sometimes, pumpkin, you just have to let go and sometimes the things you let go come back to you in the future." Tears brimmed my eyes.

"But I want you home now!" I say selfishly, sobbing into his chest.

"I do too," he lifts my face one more, "But know my enternal home is always with you and your mom. Nothing will ever change that." 

I was about to say something when the world felt like it was being ripped apart. I fell into a warped hole and i screamed, the most reasonable reflex. I landed face forward, my head burried in a wad of fur. Of a coat, apparently.

I looked up. Hera stood smiling, her hands placed at her waist. 

"Hello, Kate dear," her voice was sickeningly sweet.

I scoffed and pinched myself, willing myself to go back to the dream that i wanted, meaning the one with my Dad. A hand clamped my shouder pulling me in her direction, Hera's hawk eyes pointed at me threateningly but i stared at ther forehead instead.

"The respect? Half breed," she spat. 

"I see you found out the future fate your going to have. But their is so much you dont have or have preparations for, its sure that your fate will be twisted, changed, altered whatever the stupid Fates call it," Hera spat every word, "Just know your fate will no longer be in the hands of the three bag ladies. They will be under the control of me!"

I stared at her, wide eyed. "Y-you cant be a Fate? I-its not...possible!" I shriek, anxiety swarming my overwhlemed brain, I was so unprepared and I dont even know what the heck my complete fate was!

Hera threw her head back and laughed, long and loud. She turned back to me, "I know your mind is going, how you humans say "crazy," Hera paused to pick the fur coat i laid on, yanking so i fell face forward on the rough mat.

She came close and came close to me at eye level, "You are going against the Elites, me, and who is on your team?"

I opened my mouth, she continued. "Just the stupid immortals, and a weak brother and or husband for a king. You cant beat us, you never could anyways." She got up and made a face of disgust.

A door banged down behind her, "Queen Hera, they have arrived. And they are tied and put to immortal hibernation."

Hera stood in front of me, and I craned my neck to see who she was replying to. But i couldnt even step Hera blocked it with her stupid slender legs. I huffed as Hera replies.

"Thank you, Master Butler," Hera placed a sardonic smile on her face, "I will see to them after i deal with some personal issues." Whoever 'Master Butler' is, slammed the door and scurried away on hurried and thudding steps.

Hera turned back, "I guess you know have 2 less immortals on your side." She gave a evil smile, "Good bye for now, Kate the half breed."

I couldnt speak. Who were the 2 immortals? And why did i feel like something extremely bad just happened?

 -------------------------------------------------------------------[_|_]-------------------------------------------------------------

"KKKKKKKKAAAAAAATTTTEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" a familar voice screamed in my face. My eyes opened and stared at the yelling person in the eye. It was Artemis, and she had tears in her eyes.

I sat up quick as a bunny, "What? What happened?"

I grabbed her arms shaking them gently as I proded her in telling me.

"It's Persephone and Dionysus," her eyes crusted with dried tears, "They're gone. Vanished."

"Whaa? What do you mean? Whose Dionysus, again?" I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember that specific greek god's purpose.

Artemis sighed and let out a amused smile, a hint of it that quickly disappeared. Thats been happening more often, i thought. "Dionysus is one the temporary gods that take Hestias place in court sometimes when she's too busy with the house. He is also the god of wine and most things with it. He's usually seen with grape vines and in mortal's vision he is the guy who drinks a lot," Artemis says.

"Really?" She nods.

"So what happened?" I say switching the topic, "How did they... disappear?"

Artemis shook her head, "I dont know. But Zeus moved the court time, its in 15 minutes. Get dressed and meet me outside in 5 minutes." She hurried off the bed and left the room with a clink. I felt my temple, Hera was right, my head was currently a mess.

I walked to the bathroom, massaging my forehead as i went. A set of clothing was already left on the sink table. I hurried into my clothing as walked out trying to untangle my bed hair. Though in the task of taming a birds nest, Hestias voice swarmed my head, still. Her threats and the knowledge of her 'delievery'.

i banged into the door. "Ow!" I rubbed my angry and throbbing head.

Artemis peeked in, "You good?" I nodded, frantically rubbing my temple.

We both walked quickly to the court room and this time i had no time to admire the decor, the silver doors opened and we slipped inside. Everyone seemed to be here. 

Everyone but Persephone, her throne was abandoned along with Demeter's and Hera's. Dionysus I was told wasnt suppose to be at this court meeting original but now he was the main topic.

I stood observing the many designs of the room, Zeus stood. His face more serious then i ever though would be made by the player himself. And he did not look happy.

"Kate," his voice boomed, everyone turned to look at me. I gulped nervously. 

"Explain the visions you've been having."

I swear at that point, i almost fell because not only did i have to bring up Hera, I had to bring up all the kidnappings. And I swear if i didnt get zapped unconscious I would have a serious headache after this meeting was all over.

./;'/[]./;'.[/];/./'/[;]'./;/.]\/[/,/.';[/.\/[,/.//'[.\/=-=.''/[\;/]'./,;[/'.[]

Heeyyyyyy guys!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, even tho its kinda a filler but not exactly because its longer but still a good length so it is a filler but just a good size of text to be a important chap. *Facepalms*

Im totally blabbering. Geez, welll enjoy and hope you guys are still with Kate and her future! XD

-PW2000

PIC OF HERA>>>>> (SHES ALSO FROM HARRY POTTER< THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE PERFECT <3 FOR HERA SINCE SHE WAS TECHNICALLY A VILLIAN IN THE MOVIE ANYWAY!!! :P)