THIRTY ONE

"Do you think you can ask Uncle Helios to stall the sun for a couple of minutes?" Apollo asks Zeus. He scratches his head, "I'll see what I can do." With that he leaves, probably to his office, but hope to Mother Earth, he actually does help in this effort.

"Okay," Apollo says, after Zeus leaves. I sling an arm around Apollo, giving him a one arm hug. "Everything will work out." He gives me a smile, "Aren't those supposed to be my lines?" I nudge him.

"I'm gonna help Athena and Artemis, find the specific location," I say to him as I get out of the hug, and nod then I turn around to walk over to the two goddesses. "Wait," Apollo voice stops me, and I spin around. He's right in front of me. I nod for him to speak. His face swoops in and I feel something touch my check, and he grins and walks off to discuss things with Hep.

I turn around too and make my way to the girls, knowing my face was darkening in pink. "Kate! Thank goodness you came. Aphrodite wants to talk to you," Artemis comes rushing to my side. And we both walk over to Hecate whose holding a magic device. "And later we need to talk about my brother." My pink cheeks stay prominent as I accept the device from Hecate. She points to a birdbath and points to the water. Aphrodite's face is displayed there.

Hecate then guides the speaker to my mouth and the plugs to my ears. "Kate! Oh gods, you wont believe it! Everybody is alive! But they're immortal glow is drained. I couldn't ask how that happened because Hera locked me in. And oh my gods, he's alive! But soon Hera is going to come and put me to that stupid machine, and Kate if you saw what I saw, I don't want to be like that. But-"

"Slow down Dite. You will be okay. And if you do go to that room do not tell anything to anybody, they're might be hearing things in there," I say, exampling breathing slowly.

"How'd you know about the room?"

"Hera sent me a nightmare and it showed how she drew you in and locked you in that stupid room. But everyone back home is working trying to get you out. I'm not sure how but-" I saw Aphrodite change from teary to serious.

"No. Do not come for me, Kate, it's too dangerous. Even if you saw what happened I know a part was not shown or else you would know, after she locked me in, she shouted loudly, might I add, to get the weapons ready," Dite explains.

"Wait, what do you mean? I'm not sure that-," I got cut off again.

"Kate, it means that she knows. She knows that you'll come with a group to get me and maybe everybody out. I think that's why she sent you the vision, and that made you tell everybody so that might happen. But no, Kate, do not come for us."

"Wait, Dite, we can get you out. Positive, and-"

"And what if more immortals get caught and are forced into what happened to the others?" I stay silent.

"Kate for immortals sake, stay there and let us be. WE'll be fine," Dite tries to assures me.

"But, Dite. We might lose you all."

She smiles sadly, "that's why it's called a war, Kate." I don't smile.

"Now let me talk to Artemis for a minute, before I go off. I feel like she's coming back soon," and I reluctantly give the device to Artemis, who looks worried for me.

I don't realize that their were tears sliding down my cheeks and I forget that the conversation caused it. But I can't believe Die, she wants everybody to leave her and everybody else behind so that Hera can use everybody to her own will.

But you know it's right. It s better to save people then to lose them for something so small compared to the rest, my mind countered, and plus I have a feeling Aphrodite is right about the attack. Hera will be expecting it, it sounds very much like her.