Epilogue: Reincarnation

My vison cleared as I began to sit up. I was on the floor and it in a room that had a hug stitched artwork, some tables, a tiny kitchen, an old fashion bathroom (bucket) and three ladies that turned to stare at me. I quickly shut my eyes, so they didn't see.

"Do you think she's awake yet?" one voice asked.

"Maybe," another voice answered.

"Should we wake her?" a third voice entered. My head hurt thinning of the three candidates as I opened my eyes, as if I was just woken up.

I grumbled and shook my head for play. "She's awake!" the first voice cheered. The other two muttered something in agreement.

"Where am I?" I began with the obvious question, l looked at the trio.

"Fate's Haven," answered the second voice which I recognized.

"What? Hat in the god are you talking about?" I say, trying to stand up. It was wobbly at first but then I got hold as I placed my hands on my hips in a demanding pose.

"Child, you are at the place where fates, destinies are created for mortals and immortals alike," the third voice supplied.

"I still don't understand," I say, looking at the floor.

"Of course, you don't. Nobody understands," the first voice complained, "It's the Fates that understand."

"Which are you, I assume?" The Fates I remember are three immortals who control basically the lives and futures of practically everybody, excluding some untouchable few. They nodded together.

"I am Clotho; I use the thread to weave into the Life Map. The meaning is in the words itself," introduced the first voice.

"I am Lachesis, I measure the life span of each creature," said the second voice.

"And I am Atropos, and I get to say when the life ends and how," the third voice told me.

I nodded, "Well, it's very nice to meet you. My name's Kate Williams and I-"

"We know," they interrupted.

"Okay and I was killed by-"

"We know," they chorused again. I have to admit it was getting irritating.

"So I end up here and-"

"We know," they said again.

"I know you know!" I said in a loud voice, glaring at them but I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, really. I just wasn't thinking and-" (Hercules Quote—had to use it!! )

"We know," they said knowingly. This time I decided not to comment but asked them, "Why am I here then?"

"New life," Clotho explained. "You're a Phoenix so you can have reincarnation and so we a re preparing you for your next destiny."

"Oh, so that new destiny is?" I prompted.

"To take on the vampiraic court," supplied Clotho. "After the fight you were through, the vampires have been gathering and demanding the immortals to be over thrown to be taken. They have already met with several dark creatures and they are still thinking their answers."

"This is your next life's destiny," concluded Atropos.

"But-"

"You don't have a say in it. We the fates need people who have a life of bravery and can face tasks as such," interjected Lachesis, "You are chosen for that."

"But will I see my immortal friends?" I rush out. They gave me a wrinkly smile.

"Sooner than you think," they said then clasped hands and a bean=m of light flashed on the Life Map.