THREE

He was laughing, looking at it hurt. All the girls around stared at him more not a hint of fear or disdain. Everyone was still intranced except for, well, me. I raised my eyebrows at Dia, as if to say 'Explain this.'

"Its just Pol being himself," Dia said unworried. 

"Are you sure? He looks crazy to me. Lughing while bleeding, not even red blood. It's golden," I shriek the last words. For sure that stopped Dia in her tracks.

"Golden? As in the color of gold?" she asks, her face for once serious. Its cheerfulness vanishing away. I was pretty sure I didn't like this side of her. It freaked me out. With a small nod, she turned around and asked me 'How old are you?'

"Fifteen, turning sixteen in two months," I respond, without my brain's consent. How the heck?

"Fifteen?! Why didnt you say so?" Dia yelled, but it sounded she was lecturing me. "Come on, we have to go somewhere." Without my reply, she turned to Polemos and Vulcan. "We have to go, she can begin seeing through the Veil. And Polemos, dear please dont bleed in front of us. It's very ungenteman like." 

Polemos nodded like a love sick puppy, while Vulcan tried to show a face disgust, but somehow it twisted to a happy grin. Werid.

"Alright. Now's not the time, boys. Back home, I'll give you a treat," Dia says, placing a hand on Polemos's face, then quickly taking it offf. Polemos finally coming back to his senses frowned. "Back home?"

Dia nodded, "Dad asked us to bring her back if she can see even a little bit of us. The real us."

Polemos nodded grudingly. "Shall we then?" Vulcan asked.

They both nodded. "Wait a minute," I interrupt, they all turn to me, "Where are we going? What are you talking about? I'm not going anyway. I'm staying at school."

"Kate," Dia stressed out the name, "We need you to come with us."

"No," I get up ready to leave.

As I walked away, I heard Dia whisper "Please dont force us."

But I kept walking. The day was getting werider, and it would be nice for everything to be normal, at least comfortable. But right now, I was so confused and I really did want to trust Dia, but I just couldn't. Shaking off the mysterious feelings, I saw the door, so close.

In one movement, I could've been free. Though a thwack stopped me. Angry pain flashed from my head as my nose inhaled gulps of bitter gas, and then the world fell black.

+

I felt like I was floating, as light as a feather. Of course that's what a drugged and kidnappped person would say with a drugged up mind. But it did feel real, like if I was flying. The only thing bothered me was beside the floating, I felt entangled with a thick rope. And I couldnt move, just knew that I was up I the air. It was strange.

But the feeling soon passed, and I fell back into a dreamless sleep.

+

 Then there was a sensation being pulled out of the water, and I was finally free of the prisonment. When the light finally hit my eyes to wake up, I obeyed. The crack of an eyelid then another and I froze. The silvery gold room was not mine. I didnt own a single expensive silk that this room was built from, or the rich gold, that almost immediately made me gag. The partial memory of Polemos's golden bloody cheek, made me feel more disgusted. 

Around the room, it was pure light. There was a white stone fireplace which made it look like part living room and part bedroom. And the door was sealed in a vibrant gold. There was a window on the right of the bed, and the window was slightly open. There was also a window seat with a flat sliver pillow that had gold stiches.

Across from the window was the bathroom door, at least I think it was since I saw a part of the mirror. The bed I was on was a very elegant but simple sliver bed. Several pillows across the top, and two tables on either side. Both with lamps and vases of flowers. A big artistic picture hung on top of the bed, almost the width of the bed.

The bed itself was as soft as a feather. And I was so hyper but hungry.

A knock made me jump. "Kate? It's me, Dia."

Dia. The memory of being drugged came back to me, along with the school memory. The one that had Dia, Polemos, Vulcan. I remembereed everything. 

"Go away," I say in a surprisingly hoarse voice. 

"No, I'm coming in," she answered, pushing the door open. "No-"

Too late. Dia was standing in front of the door, and she was a holding a tray of food. "Why am I here?" I ask, starting to get up.

"You shouldn't get up," Dia said immediately. I sat back down. I stared at her, angry now. "Will you stop doing that?!"

"What?" Dia said, her face surprised.

"The mind control thing. Its seriouisly annoying," I say, with a frown.

First she looks shocked, then starts laughing. Just like Polemos, I start to get up. I met crazy people, I thought to myself. 

"P-please," Dia said between laughing, "I-i'm supposed to do that. It's part of my ability."

"Ability?" I pause, "What do you mean?"

"I'm," her laughter ended and the room seemed to sparkle, "the goddess of love and beauty. My name's Aphrodite. Nice to meet you."

================

Sorry short chapter. Please ENJOY!

PW2000