FOUR

I was speechless. Aprodite was still standing there in her welcoming pose, while I for once gawked at her.

"You shouldn't stare. Its a bit rude," the goddess said, unfazed by my reaction.

"W-wait. The goddess? The real one? Not a joke?" I say looking around, "if this is a joke, you can come out now. You got me. Very funny."

Aphrodite looked at me and you could sense a little anger, "Of course, I'm the real one. I'm not a joker you know."

The sparkling intensified, the air turned pinkish as it complemented the goddess. Once I knew she was real and not a possible fraud, I jumped to the ground and bowed, ignoring the pain.

"Oh goddess of love and beauty, I'm so sorry," I kept repeating, all the while in my head kept thinking 'Dont kill me.'

"Oh get up Kate," she saids, her voice playful, "you know you may be related to me. Hmm. Maybe you are."

She started to have a private conversation to herself, muttering 'what ifs.'

"Um," I say, slowly getting on my feet again, then the pain came. "Owww... ow. Ouch. Gods, why do I hurt everywhere." I reach for the bed and fall back, unable to move anywhere.

"Huh," Aphrodite shakes her head, the aura around her deepened, as if it was blushing. Creepy.

Aphrodite just regaining reality said, "Oh, right. You hurt because youve been hit by Ares. Hes a violent one, but so dreamy." She swooned with clasped hands, as I stared at her. Can I get another goddess?

And no wonder I hurt, I was hit by Ares, I think the god of war. Ah, that makes sense. Wait, holdup. The Ares???!!! He hit me.

"Are you telling your... boyfriend hit me??!!" I shout, getting the point.

"Uh. Umm.. yes?"

" Where is he?" I say getting up ingnoring the pain shotring harder now. "Let me at him."

I walk to the door, quickly sided by Aprodite.  "Wait you can't."

I huffed, "Why not?"

"He didnt do it on purpose," she saids ina quiet voice.

I pinched my nose, "Well I dont like being in pain all day long. Unless I did something to make him mad."

"No, no," she saids in a reassuring voice, "I told him too."

" What!??"

Before she could stop me, I walked out and bumped into Vulcan, who wa a holding a tray of food. And it was really good smelling.

He blinked, then refocused. "Your awake?"

"Who are you?"

"What?"

"Aprodite told me she was a goddess, so are you a god?" I say with a lot of accusination.

"Aphrodite told you." He shook his head. "Dad wont be happy."

"Dad?" I say, "Who the heck is he?"

$""&#;&";&"*/&!",/$:':*/,'

Cliffhanger. XD Enjoy.

PW2000