THIRTY THREE

A few days passed by quickly, most of them filled with people looking behind their backs and making sure nobody was following them or checking behind their closets for peeking people. The new news of a spy turned Olympus to a paranoid reality. 

Sleepless night turned into tired soldiers and frustrated immortals. We were walking in circles, like ducks ready for slaughter. I think a mighty percentage of hope decreased adding it to the desperation percentage. Hope was little to referring to all the missing. It broke the army piece by piece, and slowly not many were training.

"Come on, one more fight!" shouted Apollo encouragingly and nobody bothered to move.

"We can win this time, I'm sure of it!" Apollo said, sugar coating the harsh reality. We were in no shape for battle no more, we were waiting for some kind of hero. We were sitting there staring at everyone waiting for a person to step up.

Surprisingly that person had to be me. 

On a night after the failed attack, I was thinking hard. Police station and Lower Manhattan had to work in with the new location. The location was a secret and everybody had to go there so two locations cant be used to our advantage.

A police station has officers like soldiers and a base, HQ. Lower Manhattan was less crowded to n event 14 almost 15 years ago. The September 11 attack. That was something major that happened there.

Police station and Lower Manhattan. Call the police by numbers of 911. Attack happened on 9/11. I jumped up from the bed. I knew where the new location was. I sneaked into the hallway, trying to find Zeus' office. and I knew he would be there. He always was.

I was right at the door, hand raised to knock, but a voice stopped me. 

"Yes, yes Harold. I did what I was supposed to do."

"No, no one suspects it was me. They never do."

"Kate won't know what it means. She's stupid. Still inside a half breed."

"You must thank Hera for her unique mind, it gave you this brilliant plan."

"Okay, I will let everybody know. Wont they be horrified to know that Aphrodite and Ares are dead. Such shame, Aphrodite's beauty is wasted."

Each line was followed by some sort of response until finally the end button was hit and I knew I had to get the heck outta there. I rushed through the hall, making sure the door was closed still. I made sure I was fast but quiet as a rabbit, and I ran all the way to Apollo's room. He answered on the second knock.

I barged in and I knew he was surprised and he rubbed his eyes frowning, "What happened? Are you okay?"

I shook my head, quickly. "No, I am not okay." I rubbed my face.

"I'm so completely and utterly stupid," I mutter to myself. A pair of hands keeps me from pacing back again.

"Kate, what happened?" I looked at him, "If I told you you wouldn't believe me."

He looked at me,"Do you mind if I look into your mind then?"

I shook my head, "But make sure nobody is outside, I don't want them to know I'm here." Especially Zeus I add in my head.

He nods his head after a few seconds, "The hall is empty. May I?" I nodded.

Pain pulled in my head for a few seconds before it went away. Apollo held me against him as to comfort my pained head, "So we found the spy?" I nodded against his chest. We moved to the bed, and he said, "This is bloody impossible."

"Father hates the Elites as much as we do. How can he fake this for centuries?" he muttered to himself. I shrug.

"I think we should keep our plans away from Zeus, like be vague about the explanation," I suggest.