TWENTY SEVEN

"So they weren't really my parents?" I say sadly.

"Of course they are, just not in blood relation," Athena reassured me, "Plus it looks like their bloodline entwined with yours. It's possible future generations will have Phoneix first born females, but it's even higher that this was just a one time situation."

I nodded. "So what does that mean exactly, like what do I do now?"

"Well, since your more powerful now, you can fight with us and training would take a third of the time," answered Artemis.

"And since your not a half breed, it also means that we can come to a treaty. I don't hate you anymore, and you. You don't have to hate me any longer," inserted Zeus, who was now hovering in front of me. I stepped back, hitting Apollo again.

"Uh, sorry," I say to the light god. He nodded stiffly.

"Ah, King of the Heavens, I never hated you," I say to him, looking at his tie.

He moved my chin up and suddenly he looked my age.

"And I do not either anymore," he whispered. I pulled myself out of his hold and backed to the door, desperately trying to get hold of the handle.

"Uh, so back to training, right? Let's go," I say and finally open the door and slip outside. I breathed a sigh of relief. Too many things happening today, too many.

"You know, we can take the rest of the day off?" I flip back around to stare at Artemis.

"Uh what?" I ask.

"We can call it a day, and you can take the afternoon off. Is that okay?" Artemis asks a bit concerned. I nodded, my head bobbing up and down. "Yeah, yeah. Fine. Great actually, yeah," I say, smiling.

"Kate, I am sorry for my father's behavior. He just has not gotten his needs from another women in a few days and it's really getting to him. But do not worry, I will make sure that he stays fed," Athena apologizes, walking out of the office. I nodded, aware of what she was saying, which to be mildly honest I was puking internally.

"Weell? I guess I'll catch up on sleep. I haven't gotten that and I felt like I was up for years," I say, happily, probably too happy. Artemis nodded, "Do you remember the way?" I nodded.

"I can walk with you," piped up a voice. We all turned to face Apollo, who had his hand raised like a school boy. I laughed lightly.

"Yes, that's a great idea. And I will walk Athena to her destination. Artemis can handle herself, I'm pretty sure," Hep says. With that announcement, he takes Athena by the hand and together they hustle to wherever she was going to go.

"Alright, Art. I'll see you later, let's go Kate," Apollo holds out his hand. And I awkwardly take it as he drags me down the hall to my room. I don't miss the double looks of shock and a bit of anger on Artemis' face as she stares at her two abducted friends.

We pull to a stop and halt in front of that familair door. "Here's your stop," Apollo gestures to the door. I nod, laughing a little, feeing a bit like a normal teenager.

"Thanks," I tell him, sincerity placed out on my face. He nods, smiling and waves his hands at the door.

"After you mi lady," he says. I point to myself, "Why thank you kind gent." I walk in and turn back to him, "Thanks again, Jack." I grin mischievously.

"Your welcome Kat," he bows, I scrunch my nose, "That's bad."

"I know," he smiles, "and see you tomorrow?" I nod, "Of course."

He kisses my cheek suddenly and leaves without turning back. I try not to sigh as I thought then he was the sweetest boy ever.