THIRTY SEVEN: Finally Ever After

Unedited***

It was like vomit, nervousness and a hint of bravery that made me stare at the incoming mass. I didn't realize clouds held so much space that it literally fit much of Hera's army. Her entrance was a bit surprising, but the way she performed it was not. It was absolutely Hera.

"Aren't you just thrilled dears?!" she screamed so it would reach our ears. I think it made my ear deaf a little.

The immortals behind me held mixed reaction but majority was anger and disgust. A hand gripped mine tightly, and I turned to look at Apollo. "You know it's not too late to back out," he suggested.

I pulled my arm away and crossed my arms, "And why aren't you telling this to your sister?"

He shakes his head, "I did. She wouldn't listen."

"Are you saying-"

"Guys! You could chat after, if we are still alive that is," preached Athena, who then immersed herself in talking to Hep.

"You guys do the best you can. And I don't know about you, but I have a lot of words to say to her, physically of course," Artemis told us, wearing her revenge smile.

"Children," Hecate whispered, we looked behind us, just me and Athena; the others were looking at to see if her army has come close enough.

"Yes?" Athena asked her.

"Look," she pointed to the incoming army. A blotted almost blurred figure showed, they were moving slowly in front of the line, causing the delay entrance of the army to us. They looked like people. As they approached closer, I was able to see the details more clearly. Brown hair and green eyes, Persephone. Demeter stood next to her daughter, and I could tell by their similar features though it showed more maturity. A man who had black hair and foggy brown eyes, I never knew that long but something told me that was Dionysus. And lastly in the roped line was the one who was a recent snatch. A mix of brown and black hair with brown eyes, Hermes.

"That might be the most genius plan she ever could come up with," muttered a shaky Athena. Artemis looked at her, shock in her features.

"And that would be?" she pointed out.

"Using our family, our friends against us," Athena muttered, "And now that there mortal, they're vulnerable."

"No, they're not," interjected a certain light god, "They still have us. Their hope. And we will not let a stupid queen; doctor and king ruin us to our graves." People who overheard nodded in agreement.

"I guess," I said, looking onward. They were now incredibility close, a good lengthy distance away. A few more steps on their part and they froze, stopped.

Hers descended her stairway that led to her throne chair, taking slow but sure steps. When she reached the bottom, she smiled and called out "Harold!"

The doctor came fumbling in, adjusting the glasses I didn't know he had.

"My queen?" He bowed and I couldn't help but snicker.

"Yes, are the machines ready?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Good, get them ready," she said. And turned to look back at us. I didn't like the glint in her eyes, it was so unnerving.

"Commander!" she shouted and out came a minor immortal. I could tell from his aura. He mumbled a answer.

"May we attack?" a solider behind me asked. Apollo, Athena, Artemis and I shook or heads in unsion.

"Give it a moment," we chanted together.