THIRTY FOUR

It was pretty long, the kiss I mean. I think we pulled away a couple of minutes later for air. Then we went back in, the process repeated twice before we had to clean up and start dealing with chaos. It was nice and pleasant with just the two of us, peaceful even.

We held hands as we arrived at Head Quarters, Athena giving me a look that said, 'People are training, and I need your help now.'

I sadly pulled away from Apollo who gave me a small smile as he watched me walk to the girls. As I came closer to Athena she gave me another look and I held my thumbs up and smiled. She laughed lightly. I started to help her pinpoint the possible locations that the new location would be and gave her the police station address again. This time she took a picture and send it to herself and most other people just in case it got hacked again.

It was pretty genius of her. Hep came to us later telling us that he finished the bunch of weapons and that he stored them somewhere where Zeus would never find it except for Hep himself. I say we got a lot of work done before the sun rose and then ten minutes before he would wake up, we started to put things back in their cases.

Athena shut off the locating device. Hestia and Hecate disappeared somewhere. Many of the soldiers changed their clothes and were sleeping, fake of course until actual sleep came. A believable act will fool anybody even a king. Apollo, Hep, Artemis, Athena and I started to head back to our rooms and we had a small conversation between us, the girls.

"Do you think Hera would attack soon again?" I ask out of the blue.

"Maybe, I cant tell the future but I hope its still bearable," replied Artemis.

"We do the best we can and hope that its enough," Athena states, looking at us, "But I know our first priority is to get everybody back. Numbers change the game, but we don't know how many minor immortals went to Hera's side so we have to factor that in."

"Your sure Hecate can fix them all?" I say worriedly.

"Of course, she's an amazing magic woman," says Artemis confidently.

"Don't you mean witch?" I say, and Artemis looks at me like I lost my head.

"Shh. She doesn't like to be called that," Artemis points out and we keep walking until we split to go to our own rooms. That was our conversation. I closed the door and quietly headed to the bed and dropped face first on the soft material. It was soothing.

Not even five seconds later I was asleep in the same position in which I fell into. However not even ten minutes later was the door opened and Athena came in, shouting for me to wake up.

"Kate, Kate! Wake up, we have to go to HQ, Zeus has news. From Hera," she exclaimed and I woke up immediately. Her name was a fine wake up call to reality, it had the ability to pierce through my happy dream about winning the war and punching Hera's face.

I fell to the floor with a thump and hustled up, following Athena out, not caring if my pj's were rumpled and wrinkly. I saw that most people were there already. Hep, Hades, Apollo, and Artemis were part of the crowd. We took towards them and sat close to the group. Zeus was not in his suit and tie but was rather in sweats and a large shirt for his 7 ft frame.

"Dear Immortals he began, I am afraid I have bad news about our family members. Two of whom has died in regards to the Elites and the Double Cross Queen," he began leaving all of us in lost pieces, "lovely and radiant Aphrodite and strong and handsome Ares has died."

Silence. Silence was terror, fear, anger. But this silence was shock.

Forgetfulness came to me and I instantly held my mouth, I forgot to mention that major detail and I turned to stare at Apollo. He was pale, it seems that he forgot too. We both forgot to reveal this part of the phone call because we were too focused in regaining hope and now only to knock it done just a bit, that was a huge understatement.