NINETEEN

The worst thing we had to do when we got back.

Tell Zeus what happened, and that meant telling him about his wife's betrayal.

If you ever heard Zeus being a woman king of guy, a flirter, a cheat, a player and all things similar then I would congraulate you. If you however, heard him as a role model father figure, i would laugh at you. But we didn't expect the King of Gods to be standing on the doorstep, arms crossed with a slight scowl on his face.

I face palmed even through when my hand drew back it was wet. Mostly all the females started crying right after the stupid doctor left, or well continued to cry for some but thankfully he never came back. Ares for some reason was moody the entire ride back, Hephaestus was silent. Hades was asleep with Persephone. Apollo was completely serious as he drove. Artemis was comforting Aphrodite who was still a bit, disturbed in a way. Hermes and Posedion were whispering in the far back. And Athena was thinking deeply to herself.

And I, I just stared out the window and tears for the death of stranger slid down my cheeks. Death always made me emotional no matter what. It was my big weakness and for now I just focused on the evening turning a dark blue by the minute.

Upon our return, everyone was silent as we walked back to the house. And I never noticed just how big it was, if this was a comfortable moment i wouldve joked about the size. But I didnt instead i admired it internally, a way to not disturb the already disrupted silence.

"Ahem," a voice boomed.

Everyone looked up startled like a deer caught in headlights. "Yes, Father," athena questioned, the first one to recover from shock.

"Where have you been?" he scolded, "Gods! I've been looking all over for you."

Athena looked down ashamed, her tears already dried so she looked a scolded puppy. She was likely the equivalent to a nerd girl who always done only good things.

Aphrodite cleared her throat obviously picking a quick excuse to hide what we were really doing. But obviously for him to know everything we had to tell him the real place we went.

"We were just taking a break, " she exclaimed, her mouth locking an innocent smile. All of us fought the urge to smile too but we did, her charm was very persuassive. Despite the dilemma, we all faked a barbie smile. Plastic and totally fake.

The King of the Immortals looked unconvinced. He eyed Aphrodite ruined appearance and simply waved us in, only stopping to ask Apollo to come to his office. Apollo paled and sent an apologetic glance our way. Demanded on more like an order, he followed Zeus to his office. A fact clicked in my head, Apollo the god of light and truth!

"Goddess! He's going to find out and he's going to kill us!" Aphrodite broke the silence. She started to pace, shaking her head. Her wild golden mane of hair shook along the ride. She looked completely displaced, something so unlike her.

Hephaestus huffed, and settled on the couch. Ares snapped out his daze for a second glanced at the worried love goddess, and set a reassuring arm around her waist. She smiled up at him.

Abruptedly, Hephaestus muttered an excuse to leave and it seems like I was the only one who looked at his flying escape as strange, something was definitely up. And I was going to know what. Because it's what friends are for.

Mindlessly I sat next to Artemis, who sat next to Athena, who sat next to Persephone, who was cuddling with Hades. Disturbing?  A bit. The main problem? Not really, not that much, okay maybe a bit. I averted my eyes and focused only on Athena and Artemis.

"What's up?" I say, forcing a normal and calm tone.

Artemis glanced up and a playful smile came on her face, a little crack of a grin. Nethertheless, the most emotion out of the entire night.