52 | Sam Wilson Catch-Up (Part Two)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

TheWalkingDead2303 asked for this <33 it's finally here, ladies!!!!!!! **note: 'make up' and 'break up' are separate imagines with no correlation sorry it's confusing** also all the requests i have became outdated when i semi-abandoned this during senior year so i feel awkward fulfilling them now lmao. also i wanna work on a t'challa catch-up but they're SO draining to do dhksjwj

— b.

_________________

xi. YOU BREAK UP

"I just can't take this anymore, okay?" You told him, and he looked up at you from his place on your shared bed, his eyes pleading. You looked away, not able to meet his gaze, because every time you did, you lost the nerve to speak. "Don't give me that look. You knew this was coming, Sam," You said, and it was true. There's been many times before this one, and if you didn't leave, you were sure it would continue. For days on end he would disappear without a trace. You'd never know when he'd come back, and you never had contact.

Lately, those 'trips' were getting longer. Sam insisted it was for his work, and you understood that, but that didn't stop the genuine fear and anxiety you would get when he'd drop off the face of the Earth. On more than one occasion, he'd come back with broken bones, sutured wounds, and internal injuries that would take months to heal.

You'd been with him for more than two years, and every time you asked him, you'd get the same reply. Something cryptic about his job, and how it was confidential. You weren't asking for a detailed report; you just wanted to know if he was safe or not. And if he wasn't, you had the right to know why. You couldn't bare to live on the edge of a precipice for the rest of your relationship with him. You cared about him too much much for that.

"I know, (Y/n). But you have to understand-"

"I've been plenty understanding. It's been 2 years and I still don't even know what you do for a living. I don't know where you go off to, or if you'll ever come back. Do you think that's fair?" You asked him genuinely, not angry, no malice in your eyes as you begged him for an answer. You could practically see the way his jaw set, and you knew he wouldn't say a word. He couldn't. He was way too stubborn, and in way too deep with whatever it was.

"You're never going to tell me . . . are you?" You questioned, voice now coming out softer than you wished it would.

Sam's deep brown eyes couldn't meet yours - and it was one of his tells. He couldn't ever look at you when he thought he was letting you down. "I can't . . ." He blanched, words simple despite how complicated it felt for him.