28- He proposes Pt.2

Clint

You heard Clint giggle from the other side of the couch.

"What is it?" You asked with a smile, moving so that you sat up.

"Oh nothing." He tried and failed to stop laughing like an idiot.

"You've gotta tell me!" Your expression quickly turned from amused to annoyed. "You can't just laugh and not tell me the joke."

He looked up at you, smiling like a dope "It's really not that funny."

"Just tell me."

"I was looking at these proposal fails, they're so good." He let out another laugh.

"I hate you." You rolled your eyes subtly, getting off of the couch.

"C'mon (y/n). This guy proposed by putting a ring in a burger bun." He shoved his phone in your face as he got to you side.

"Yes okay Clint." You laughed a bit and went over to the kitchen to find a snack.

You felt him take you by your hand and turn you around.

He pecked your lips. "I'm just saying... I could do so much better."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer. "Doubt it, what would you even do?"

You seriously did doubt his proposal skills, he's a hero named after a bird that shoots a bow and arrow. He isn't exactly the most impressive, in general, really. (Though you loved him more than anything)

"Oh yeah. I'll explain my big plan."

"Go ahead, if you're so confident." You separated yourself from him and finally got biscuits from the cupboard.

You both sat on the counter, sharing them as he explained.

"I'd find the perfect girl, and we'd love each other more than I love target practice."

You scoffed at his attempt at a joke.

"Which I've done."

You smiled at his comment and left another kiss on his lips.

He is very cute, you thought.

"And I'd spend at least three years with her." He added.

"More than check. We've know each other for four, haven't we?" You asked.

He nodded and started to swing his legs as he thought of the next thing.

"Then I'd prove to her that a could be romantic."

"Check." You said, remembering the bouquet that was on your desk last week.

"And then, one day, I'd distract her immensely while my friends set up the obsolute perfect dinner in the next room." He finished. "Which I've just now completed."

The biscuit you were eating quickly fell to the floor.

"You've got to be kidding." You whispered.

He shook his head and took you by your hand, physically having to make you move from your spot.

Luckily Steve and Bucky had managed to stumble out of the door just as you two walked in.

The whole room was dim, only illuminated by fairy lights, it left you wondering how they were put up so fast.

Your brain had just processed that, when Clint got down on his left knee, taking a red box from jacket pocket.

He revealed a simple and beautiful ring.