29- Pietro》Demons & Angels Pt.1

He lay on his floor, probably half naked, but what did he care, he was an angsty piece of garbage who was literally contemplating if he should've bought the pot he was offered yesterday.

Then all in a flash, do you think I'm fucking joking, in a literal form of blinding light, you stood over him with a frown.

He neglected to move his hands from protecting his eyes until you moved a step closer to him.

When he finally did look at you, he backed slowly into his bed and yelped out a string of profanities.
"Please Pietro, refrain from such mannerisms when a Lord's helper is in your presence."

He opened his mouth to say something probably really stupid that he could laugh at later, but he simply couldn't speak.

He was in pure, dumbstruck shock, for there you stood, in all of your magnificence.

Your wings stretched far across the room, each feather a pure white and not one looked out of place. You looked like an angel.

Which you were.

"You." He said breathless "You have wings."

"That is very observant of you Pietro." You said with a smile of recognition as you retracted them. "I am your guardian angel."

"Angel." He repeated and looked back at you in disbelief, it's not like you could've created anything that was as beautiful as those wings in a costume store. And there was no doubt that he he found you angelic. "Guardian angels only appear when people have done something wrong, do they not? I have done nothing wrong. Is this about the weed. I really wasn't-"

"Please do not try and lie to me, or I will be fixing lies, not the actual problem." You spoke softly.

"Can you not see what is wrong with me, in my head?" He questioned your ability.

"No, no, of course I can. But I try not to invade you. I am here to help, not to demean you." You explain, in that crazy smooth voice that had already entranced the young man.

"Oh." Just now after completing being baffled by how amazing you were, he forgot that he had his shirt off, that was hardly the way to great someone as important as you.

After an uncomfortable minute of you two staring at each other, you spoke. "It's not what you've done that worries me, it's what you think of doing. I'm here to help you."

"What if I don't want your help?" Because honestly the little shit didn't think his suicidal and psychotic thoughts meant anything really.

You raised your eyebrow slightly "Should you need me and not want me, I will be here, but come the moment that you no longer need me, I will be gone."

And with that information Pietro saw it fit to walk out the room without a word, maybe because he didn't want to be indecent around such a being as you, but maybe he was just confused.

----

You know, as your job, being the complete opposite of demons, you were the one that worked them out of everyone's minds.

You started off with grey wings, and for every demon that you terminated from someone's soul, you earned a pure white feather. It had taken you centuries to get them all.

This was the last person you had to fix before you earned the single thing that all angels fought (non violently) for, a set of silver wings. They appeared in place of a full white length of wings when they had been completed.

You thought it was quite ironic that Quicksilver was the man that you could help, and in return he helped you to earn silver wings.

Though it sure as hell wasn't quick.

You started off with the addictions and his slob like nature. He wasn't so bad underneath all that horrible stuff, he was really quite beautiful.

He would always comment on how fantastic you were in his eyes, but It was truly the other way round really.

You thought he was possibly the most appealing soul and body to ever roam the earth in the time that you were in heaven, which was a damn long time.

And it hurt you to even see what tortured things roamed his mind when everyone around him was oblivious. That's one of the reason that you picked him.

He had the appearance and personality underneath his facade of angst and hate that could out match any worker from the god above.

He was beyond an angel, but with a whole load of demons.

But you fixed that slowly, and that sentiment of charm and a humorous nature came back as each demon was cast away, back into hell where they sure as... hell? (yeah maybe not the best word) belonged.

But the more of those troubles you picked away, the more heaven was pulling you back up, because soon he wasn't going to need you.

That hurt you a lot because from what was beyond your belief, you had slowly started to fall in love with the man throwing endless pity parties that you were no doubt invited to.

And he had fallen for you too, but most of them did. It hurt you to leave all those people behind, but it was your job and you had to do it.

Pietro was somehow different though, the way he smiled at you and you smiled back, he'd hug you and you would feel warm inside and the strangest of them all, you felt sad when he cried.

Angels didn't do that, you were unemotional creatures who were simply put onto the earth to help, not to get attached to men with ridiculously appealing silver hair.

It pained whenever he would touch you softly, with meaning, whenever he did something thoughtful for you. It pained because you were both getting too attached and you would leave so soon.

"Should you need me and not want me, I will be here, but come the moment that you no longer need me, I will be gone." You reminded him a countless number of times.

He nodded and blinked slowly in recognition concentrating on your wings.

"I still need you." He reassured, extending his hand slowly towards your feathers. "Can I touch them?"

It wasn't the first time he asked, but he always seemed to ask without fail.

"Of course." They fluttered slightly, making him jump and you laugh before he placed his hand on your wing.

"Do not be mean. You are an angel, act like one."

You simply smiled in response and closed your eyes, taking in the feeling of Pietro being so delicate as he traced his hand along your feathers.

"You're beautiful, did you know that?" He said lowly, in a tone of pure astonishment.

To be honest, it was most likely the purest thing he'd ever said.

You're not sure if that was why you were taken back up to heaven, but you were at that moment.

The tips of your wings began to dissappear first, pure vapour in the air.

"What's happening?!" He asked in a panic.

"You no longer need me..." You held your breath slightly and looked at him sadly. "They're taking me back."

"But they can't." He held your hand but it soon evaporated in his own. "I need you." You could see his eyes start to water as the rest of you left slowly.

"I need you." He said softly as he reached out to the spot you sat, but you were no longer there. It was just a wisp of silver smoke left behind.

Pietro decided in the moment after you had gone, that having the demons forever was alot better than losing you forever, meeting an angel like you in the first place in fact.

Demons were better than angels, he decided.

And you felt it was bitterly funny that the moment he truly fell in with love you was the moment that was pure and honest enough to take you back to your home.

----

A/n

WELL DONE LEO MY CHILD.