25- Bruce 》Partner

High school AU:

You shuffled passed your teachers desk, collecting the sheet that had your assignment on it.

Everyone got assigned to a certain person in the class, yours was, as you read; Bruce Banner.

You almost had no clue who he was, you were just glad that you didn't get Clary who was also in your maths class.

You sat down at your desk, hoping that Bruce knew who you were so he could approach you.

Little did you know that he knew exactly who you were, you were his secret and very stupid crush.

Stupid simply because you both hadn't spoken to each other, not that either of you spoke often anyways.

Bruce soaked up every ounce of courage to tap you on the back without retreating quickly and finding a hole to sit in, where he could wallow in self pity and embarrassment.

You turned quickly to see a curly haired boy you recognised faintly, he was shy looking. "Hey, you're Bruce right?"

He tried his very hardest not to swoon at the sound of you saying his name. Not to mention that he was already blushing for no reason other than the fact that he found you to be extremely gorgeous.

He nodded quickly and cleared his throat, jutting out his hand. "You must be (y/n)." He said as he shook your hand.

You smiled broadly at the cute, red faced boy in front of you "Yup. Why don't you sit down?"

He quickly pulled out the chair next to you, plopping down and placing his bag on the table.

"Um, so we're working on this project together."

"Yeah it's on..." you looked down at your paper, slightly embarrassed that you forgot. "Oh yeah, the structure of isotopes."

"Well, isotopes are a kind of atom-" you were sure that he assumed you were stupid, you probably would've too, if someone forgot the project they were doing.

"That have the same number of protons, but different amount of neutrons. I know Bruce."

You grinned slightly, almost glad that you had a partner as smart as him. You recognised him as the boy who sat at the back, he always finished the spot tests first and got the best grades.

"Really?" He said, quite astonished that you were both beautiful, kind mannered, and intellectual.

"Really. I mean, you only really have to pay attention during class to know what it is."

"Our class is definitely not strong in that suit." Bruce chuckled, looking at Clary and her partner Peter who were currently examining their faces in the reflection of the equipment.

You laughed at his joke, almost taking him by surprise. He seemed a lot more appealing now that you learned he had a personality to go with that awfully sweet face of his.

"Well there are a few very distracting things." His cheeks were pink, and you couldn't help but think, with the way he was looking at you, that he meant people rather than of things.

----

A/n

I was up until 5:30 this morning, I should probably go to sleep.

You should probably go to sleep.

Okay well, regardless, yall just keep being yall.

-Bəłľå