46 | Scott Lang : "Late Night"

SCOTT LANG IMAGINE
REQUESTED BY: DenashaWilson ( sorry it's a little short! )
WORDS: 631

Gentle instrumental music was coming from your phone that Scott held, mixed with the sound of you folding the batter in one of your glass bowls.

Scott was often plagued with insomnia in the nights, and found himself mostly sleeping in the day. You understood that, being a criminal in the past, he'd have to work night shift - and you couldn't judge him for the that. You'd simply stay up with him, until you could barely keep your eyes open, and the two of you would crawl into bed together.

Sometimes you'd wrap yourself up in blankets and watch a movie, or sit on the bed and play poker (where each chip counted as a kiss). Sometimes getting out sexual frustrations would ware the two of you out, and sometimes just talking was enough to have the two of you ready to doze off.

On that particular night, Scott had forgotten that, since he had his daughter the next day and had to take her to school, he also needed to make cookies for her bake sale. Which he'd promised her, and only remembered in the early hours of the day.

He sat on the counter in his loose pajama pants, and a long sleeved shirt in the cold. Sweater paws obscured his hands as he looked between you and the phone, gently setting the device down beside him as he slipped off the counter.

Before you could protest, he took the bowl from your hands, and placed it down in a smooth movement. He wrapped his arms around your waist, yours going around his neck as he pulled you close, lips pulling into a gentle smile that your were so used to seeing on him.

Scott began to sway to the music in his spot, taking you with him. You were staring into his twinkling eyes, and it filled your heart to see and feel the overwhelming fondness that was practically radiating off of him. Scott was an affectionate person, and showed you how much he loved you so subconsciously and naturally, that you knew from the first moments together that it all really meant something.

Even his ex-wife, Maggie, adored you. She knew that Scott had once loved her, but the way she saw him looking at you was like nothing she'd ever seen before. You felt equally, and most importantly you kept him on the straight and narrow - because you cared for him, and you cared for Cassie.

Cassie must have picked up how much Scott loved you, because she immediately took a liking to you. Over the years, you'd done so much to help out with her, that she was comfortable enough to sometimes refer to you as her 'second mommy'.

"God, I love you," Scott remarked, as if he couldn't keep it in. He just felt so much for you. His one hand moved out to tenderly rub his thumb against your cheek, compassionate brown eyes meeting yours with nothing short of reverence.

"I love you, too," You whispered in reply, honest and raw, and endlessly truthful.

"I think . . ." He smiled absently, "I've been in love with you since the night we met," He admitted.

Your heart seemed to swell, and you leaned into him slightly to capture his lips in a short kiss. Pulling back, he chased your lips to kiss you again, and again, before you chuckled against his mouth.

"Scott . . ." You groaned between laughs, "The cookies?"

He pulled away from you, eyes widening at your words. "Shit, you're right," He looked over at the bowl you had held previously, sighing forlornly that he'd have to let you go, "This why I need you here."

You just grinned at him, planting a kiss on his cheek, before getting back to your rather pleasant work.