CHAPTER 23: Time to Get Formal!

We had a very interesting plan for today, we were going to go dress hunting.

Is that what it's called?

Oh well, that doesn't matter. We're going to find clothes to wear to Geno and Reaper's wedding. Since I didn't have anything that fit me anymore, we all had a plan to go out and get new clothes.

Speaking honestly, I didn't really want to go. Im not a fan of dresses, not one bit.

Uncle Dream had offered to drive, which dad accepted after much disagreement.

I would've turned back if I had the chance, but we were all in the car driving off. Uncle Dream, Dad, Palette, and me.

I just hope I can find something that I would actually enjoy wearing, and not some stupid looking dress.

All I want was to take my mind off the incident.. it keeps coming back to me, the memories... everything he had done to me, to others.. Just thinking of him left a foul taste in my mouth..

I shook my head, as if to shake off those thoughts.

"You alright there, Y/N..?" Palette asked from next to me. Right, I must've looked stupid doing that just now..

"Uh yeah, I'm okay now." I replied. He looked concerned and gave me a hug. He was comforting, just like Dream. Oh, I have gotten so many hugs from those two.. and the amounts only increased since I've arrived back

We arrived at the shopping mall. We spent little to no time waiting around and went straight inside towards the fancier, more expensive clothes shops.

Palette and I were the only ones we were shopping for, but I just know dad and uncle dream are going to be trying on clothes as well for the fun of it.

"You kids go look around" is what my dad would usually say, but not this time. You could see it in his eyes, he did not want us going by ourselves at all, I don't think he trusted society anymore. His aura was tense, Uncle Dream's was a bit as well. Dad held my hand tightly and brought me over to the dress section. I tried to pull away from the dresses and move over to something a little less girly but he didn't get the hint.

The dresses weren't exactly bad, if anything I'd look mature as hell wearing something like that, like a proper woman. But that's exactly what I don't want. They weren't stupid sparkly princess themed dresses that 6-year-old would wear; they were nice. I just don't like dresses is all.

Dad eventually got the hint and let me roam around, looking at other dresses while keeping a close eye on me and other shoppers. I picked out a few suitable dresses I would allow (but still be uncomfortable in) and a dress suit which I had been leaning towards a lot more. I called over to Dad and he came as quickly as possible.

"Hey Dad, can we go to the change rooms? I like these ones and want to try them on." I asked to which he nodded in reply. We met up with Palette and Uncle Dream after waiting a few minutes. I saw them a few clothing racks away.

"Hey Palette! Uncle Dream! Over here!" I called out, waving my hand up high. They made their way over.

"Hey Y/N!" Palette started "ooOOoooOO nice choices!" He said excitedly, taken the dresses off me to hold them up against me for any idea of what I would look like.

"Thanks, Pally," I responded, feeling a little more confident in my dress decision.

"No Problem! Now let's go try them on!" He yelled dragging me into a changing room. Dad tried to reach out and stop him, but Palette was too fast and slipped by with ease.

"Don't worry Uncle Night! Ill take good care of Y/N!" He stopped at the corner to give him a smile before dragging me away once again.

"wo-OAH PALETTE SLOW DOWN!!" I yelled, giggling afterwards once we have to a stop.