CHAPTER 17: One After Another

It felt weird to sleep. After last night I was so exhausted I passed out instantly once he was done. I would be considered lucky If I had passed out sooner. My eyes were stuck staring at the ceiling, refusing to look at anything but. I felt Epic shuffle next to me, my heart started to speed up. He remained asleep.

I let out a shaky breath, moving my gaze to the window. They were shut, A slap of metal plastered from the outside, only the tiniest sparks of light made it through.

My hope of being able to escape depleted long ago, even if I hadn't been here long. I knew deep down it would a while til I'd get a chance to run away.

All the possible things I could've done to keep me insane are now making me bored. Any time I would look out of it, Epic would throw another activity in my face. At least he's trying to keep me happy.

Epic shuffled once more, grumbling as he sat up.

"Oh, you're awake." He spoke, his voice hoarse. Epic cleared his throat.

I sat on the edge of his bed with my back turned to him, my head turned to the side to see his tired grin.

Epic knelt forwards, hugging me from behind. His head resting on my shoulder as he let out a sigh of contentment.

I tensed under his touch; Epic noticed.

"What's wrong babe?" He mumbled, rubbing his strained eyes.

Babe. God that word made me feel disgusting.

For the last five years I had thought that Epic was my friend. The person that I could go to no matter what I needed. And all this time this was how he really felt?

He had been waiting this whole time for a chance to steal me away, to keep me under his control.

Why?

Epic teleported away to go get breakfast after kissing my cheek goodbye, I shuddered and broke down once he left.

I had no idea what to feel, I had no idea why my emotions were acting this way, why was I crying?

My breathing way hitched, choking on my sobs as I dug my head into my arms.

There was no escape, was there?? There's no way I could get away from this!! Nobody knew when I disappeared! I don't even know where I am!! Will anyone even find me..?

I hoped that deep down, by some miracle, I'd get out somehow. It was just a matter of time surely.

As much as I wanted to tell myself to suck it up and deal with it until you're able to escape, im not sure how long I'd last.

I want to tell myself that so badly but how much longer will it be till I lose all sanity? How much could I really take from being in this place???

Epic returned and darted over to me as soon as he saw me crying. His insane eyes filled with panic and worry, why did he care so much?

"W..What's wrong..?!? Are you okay?! He asked, gripping onto my arms as I jumped out in shock.

"It's nothing.. Just hormones.. Y'know..??" I replied in between sobs, trying my hardest to stop.

Epic didn't seem convinced but let out a sigh, hugging me in attempts to calm me.

Oh, you stupid skeleton... you're only making this harder on me..

"H...Hey Epic.. D-Do you think we could go outside later and get some fresh air..?" I asked. I wasn't quite sure where I was going with this, but I thought I might as well try and see if I can get somewhere.