CHAPTER 8: Tea And Scones

Y/N's POV

"U-Umm miss Shyren, is it okay if I play on piano instead?" I asked quietly, hoping she wouldn't ask why. "Sure, is there something wrong?" She questioned, concerned. "M-Microphonebia" I mumbled simply, she nodded in response as she brought me over to the piano. "Whenever you're ready," She repeated. Breathing in and out, I attempted to calm my self, pretending that the room was empty and begun to play.

(Play The Song Now)

I don't know just how it happened, I let down my guard

Swore I'd never fall in love again but I fell hard

Guess I should have seen it coming; caught me by surprise

I wasn't looking where I was going; I fell into your eyes

You came into my crazy world like a cool and cleansing wave

Before I, I knew what hit me, baby, you were flowing though my veins

I'm addicted to you, hooked on your love

Like a powerful drug I can't get enough of

Lost in your eyes, drowning in blue

Out of control, what can I do?

I'm addicted to you!

Midnight blows in through the window; dances round the room

Got me hypnotized; I'm getting high on the perfume.

I couldn't live without you now,

Oh, I know I'd go insane

I wouldn't last one night alone, baby

I couldn't stand the pain!

I'm addicted to you, hooked on your love

Like a powerful drug I can't get enough of

Lost in your eyes, drowning in blue

Out of control, what can I do?

I'm addicted to you!

I'm addicted to you

...I'm addicted to you...

"Oh My Stars..." Miss Shyren exclaimed, in complete utter shock. "That was incredible!" She added. Just after I heard applause coming from behind me, slowly turning around I saw about 5-6 people, crowding the door with their belongings. My body froze, color draining from my face as I became light headed in an instant. "You must be the other students coming for tryouts" Miss Shyren said, each one of them nodding. Still frozen, I slowly shifted my head to look at the crowd and saw all the students smiling at me; their friendly faces calmed me a bit. Out the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar student on the side of the group. "Y/N! OVER HERE!" He called out, waving his hand in the air as I jumped out of my seat and ran to him. "Palette it's so good to see you again, where have you been?" I asked, engulfing him in a bone crushing hug. "I HAD A COLD FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS, NOTHING TOO BAD THOUGH." He responded, cheerfully as always. "Good thing you're better, I missed your happy aura." I added, releasing him from the hug. "GOOD THING I DIDN'T WORRY YOU!" He exclaimed, sitting at one of the desks as I pulled the seat out and sat next to him. "Worry me?! You're my Cousin! If you went missing for and hour I would be worried!" I responded, playfully punching his arm as he laughed in response. "THEN HOW COME YOU DIDN'T CALL ME BEFORE YOU WENT TO SLEEP?" he asked teasingly. "You know I have insomnia, Dad takes away my technology before bed so I can have a better chance at sleeping." I responded with a plain expression and a boring tone. "OH RIGHT..." Palette said again as the other students begun their tryouts "DO YOU HAVE FREE PERIOD NEXT?" He asked, I nodded in response as his smile widened. Confused, I cocked my head to one side, wondering what he was on about. "DO YOU WANNA GO TO THE CAFÉ NEARBY?" He invited, my eyes lit up at the mention of food. "I'm there." I quickly responded, full of excitement. "WANNA GO NOW?" he asked, I nodded as fast as I could, waving goodbye to Miss Shyren as I ran out the room, dragging Palette along as we ran with me.

"I just gotta check in with Dad before I leave" I exclaimed, running up to the History room door and quietly knocked. Slightly opening the door, dad walked up to the door and asked what was going on. "Is it okay if Palette and I can leave early to go to the café down the street?" I asked, he smiled and quickly looked back at the class, then Palette and I. "Go ahead, ill tell Dream for you." He responded, a smile growing wider on palettes and my face. "Thanks Dad, See ya latte!" I joked, walking out towards the door. A laugh coming from palette and dad as we left.

"So what have you been up to for he past couple days?" I asked, trying to start a conversation as we silently walked down the peaceful street, making our way closer to the loud busy street ahead. "WELL OTHER THAN BEING SICK I JUST RELAXED ALL DAY, DAD SAID THAT SINCE I WAS SICK I COULDN'T LEAVE MY ROOM. SO OTHER THAN MISSING THE FIRST DAYS OF HIGHSCHOOL IVE DONE PRETTY MUCH NOTHING." He explained, running out of breath while moving an overhanging branch from the walkway so we could pass. "HOW ABOUT YOU?" he added, smiling at me. "Well for the first days of the holidays I was hanging out with Epic until he went for a vacation and will be coming back in a couple days. Other than that I've just been reading and playing games all day." I responded as we arrived at the café. "THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO..." he added to my explanation as we opened the large glass doors for me to go though.

Walking in, I looked around at the beautiful scenery inside. On the far wall there was a massive chalk bored with the menu and various doodles on it. The right wall had a purple galaxy wallpaper on it, many picture frames with posters in them that have puns like, "Don't be depresso have some espresso" and "Always Be Brewtiful." Black square tables spread around the room with white chairs around them, a flowerpot in the middle of each table with little packets of sugar next to it. Palette and I walked over to left and sat at the booth in the corner of the room, this was where Palette and I always sat at. After about two minutes a nice waitress with coffee brown skin, black hair and eyes as blue as the sky walked over holding a clip board in her hands she wore a dark grey shirt with a black tie, a white apron wrapped around her waist with black leggings underneath and her black hair in a high ponytail with a light grey scrunchy. "Good afternoon! What can I get for you two today?" She asked with a warm smile, grabbing her pen from the pocket of her apron. "Ill just have a plate of scones with jam and a white tea please." I responded, then looking over at Palette who had a bright smile on his face, poking the flowers on the table. "And for you sir?" She asked, Palette quickly looked up at the waitress. "Ill just have a hot chocolate with marshmallows please!" He replied sweetly, sounding like a child. "Coming right up, that'll just be $9.45." She calculated as I handed her the money and she walked away.

"So, you got any friends at school yet?" I asked, leaning on the table's edge. "I MADE ONE FRIEND, WE WORKS AT THE LIBRARY." He answered, "Oh, you mean Goth?" I added, "YEAH, YOU KNOW HIM?" he asked, "Yeah, I met him on Monday at the library." I replied as the waitress arrived with our order. "Here you are." She said, placing our drinks on the table along with the scones. "Thank you" I mumbled as she nodded and walked away to other customer's tables. "HEY Y/N, WHY WERE YOU SINGING IN THE MUSIC ROOM?" Palette asked, curious. "I-I was D-D-Doing tryouts F-For school C-Choir..." I stuttered out, becoming slightly nervous. "SCHOOL CHOIR? DON'T YOU HAVE MAJOR STAGE FRIGHT?" He questioned, I looked to the side and nodded, then looking back at him. "WELL, BEST OF LUCK." He added, I smiled warmly in response as we continued to chat for a couple hours.

TIMESKIP

"Thanks for walking me home" I exclaimed, walking up to my front door step as Palette walked up with me. "THAT'S OKAY." He replied with a smile. "Well ill see you tomorrow then" I added, unlocking my front door and walking inside. "BYE BYE Y/N!" he exclaimed happily before walking home himself.