CHAPTER 5: Rivals

Y/N's POV

"Y/N Wake up!" Dad called out. 

"I haven't slept since the fourth grade!" I screamed back, sliding off the edge of my bed while groaning in the process. Dad normally understands that when I don't sleep for two days I start to act like this... slowly walking down the stairs was a pain, literally. My joints have been aching like there's no tomorrow. 

"Here, I got this last night," Dad exclaimed, passing me the small jar of pills along with a bowl of cereal. 

"You need more sleep, how your acting is more difficult to cope with than you'd think." He added, then taking a sip of his coffee. After the morning routine, we got into the car and drove to school. Walking inside, dad gave me a wave before turning to go to the staff room. 

"I have a staff meeting now so be good," Dad said before walking away to speak with other teachers I didn't recognise. 

"Yeah whatever..." I responded walking to the library. 

"Hey Y/N." Goth greeted, walking up to me. 

"Morning' Goth," I answered back with no enthusiasm at all. 

"Are you okay?" he questioned worriedly, 

"Eh I guess, just didn't get any sleep," I replied, slumping myself on the couch. 

"So you didn't sleep?!" He whisper yelled back, sitting down next to me. 

"No" I responded as simply as I could. 

"Well, you should try and get more sleep. Aside from that, my parents told me to give this to your dad, could you pass it on for me?" Goth asked, removing the fancy-looking envelope from his pocket. 

"Sure, I'll pass it on," I responded. 

"Thanks." He added with a smile, all while slightly blushing.

"Hey Y/N" Aster, Dust and Siren all called out in sync. 

"Morning." I lazily responded, leaning up against the side of the lockers. 

"Are you alright Y/N?" Dust asked, facing me. 

"'m fine, I just didn't get any sleep," I responded, yawning after. 

"Y/N, you do know that the average teenager from ages 14-17 should be getting at least eight to ten hours of sleep a night. I'm assuming that you have insomnia which is the cause of your late nights, correct?" Siren assumed as I nodded in response. 

"I got more pills this morning so I should be able to get some sleep tonight," I reassured. After the bell rang and we parted ways, it turns out that Aster and I both have art class. 

"I'm pretty sure this is the class," I called out to Aster who was looking at a map of the school that he found on the school's web page. 

"Yeah this is it, Mr Ink's class." He added, opening the door to reveal the whole class, sitting at their desks. 

Oh god...

"Do you two have a reason for why you're late?" I assumed this was Mr Ink, 

"Sorry Mr Ink, we got lost." Aster apologised.