CHAPTER 2: The Librarian

"Ah! Dearie, you must be Nighty's daughter, nice to finally meet you!" The spider lady spoke. Dad seemed bothered by this lady calling him Nighty from how his expression was. He saw me looking at him and smiled at me before walking up to the office counter. 

"Good morning Muffet, do you have the supplies here for Y/N?" He questioned with a straight face. 

"It's in your office," Muffet said once again before pointing to dads office. We walked into the room and dad passed me a bag filled with pencils, pens, books and everything else you'd need on the first day. 

"There's a folder in there that has your lock combination and schedule for your classes." He explained, I let out a small thanks before walking around the school.

I looked at the clock on my phone, 6:48 am.

One hour till school starts, what can I do till then?

I thought as I looked around the corridor I was in. I slowly walked down, looking around every direction for something I could do. 

"Can I help you?" A smooth voice was heard from behind me, I turned around to see a skeleton with a black hoodie, glasses and a red scarf. 

"I'm not too sure actually," I responded, 

"I'm guessing your one of the new students this year?" He asked, looked into his eyes as I nodded in response. 

"I just got here before, I'm not too sure what I'm doing," I exclaimed. 

"Would you like to come to the library with me?" He asked, signalling with his thumb it was behind him. 

"Sure, sounds great," I responded cheerfully, the skeleton started blushing a slight purple as we began walking. 

"Sorry I forgot to mention before, what was your name?" He asked, looking at me. 

"Oh it's Y/N, and you are?" I responded. 

"I'm Goth, I work as the librarian at this school." He replied, I smiled towards him as we walked to the library.

"Here we are." He exclaimed, opening the doors to reveal a large library, not the biggest I've seen but it was pretty big. 

Thanks" I responded, walking over to the nearest bookshelf. Running my fingers across the edge of the books. I felt Goth's stare, watching my every move, it felt creepy. I chose a book from one of the high shelves before sitting down the nearby couch. 

"That's a good book ya got there, I've already read it before," Goth exclaimed, sitting on the couch next to me. 

"I've only read a couple chapters and it looks good so far," I responded, pulling my knees up onto the edge of the couch. 

"It's funny, that's Nightmares favourite too." He added, I looked at him and smiled. 

"He's actually my dad," I explained, Goths eyes widened as he looked up at me. 

"Really? I don't see any resemblance." Goth mentioned, 

"he's my adoptive dad, he's been taking care of me as long as I can remember. He told me that my parents went missing and he adopted me when I was a baby." I explained, shutting my book and setting it aside.

Goth and I didn't end up reading and were talking for the whole hour, he said that both of his parents worked as teachers here, I wonder what classes they taught? Eventually, after a while of chatting, I had to leave. 

Goth said that he works part-time as a librarian during his parents class and does his work at home so he got to stay in the library. Walking out into the now crowded corridors, I made my way to my locker. Nothing unusual happened which I was thankful for but I did see other fights occurring around me, I decided not to get involved.