CHAPTER 1: Morning Routine

Y/N's POV

The sound of my beeping alarm caught my attention. I looked over towards the clock and read the time, 5:30 am on the dot. I glanced up towards the ceiling, my eyelids slowly dragging down for me to get some sleep. Having insomnia isn't always the best thing, I ran out of medicine a while ago so I couldn't use any last night. 

"Y/N, you better not be sleeping through your alarm!" My adoptive dad, Nightmare l called out, making my eyes open wide as I jumped out of bed. If dad found out I was about to sleep through my alarm, I would be in trouble. I switched off my alarm which was gradually getting louder and rushed out of my room to meet my dad.

"Nice to see your awake, I thought you were going to sleep in late this morning.." He greeted. 

"I know you'd always wake me up anyways," I responded, walking into the kitchen to make breakfast for myself. 

"True, you should be getting ready soon also, we have to leave by 6:00." He responded, handing me the milk from the fridge. 

"Why do we have to leave so early?" I questioned, pouring my milk into my bowl of cereal. 

"You know that I need to get to Underhigh early for the staff meetings, it's not like when you used to catch the bus to your primary school anymore." He mentioned. 

"Fine, I'll go get ready," I responded, cereal still in my mouth as I put my empty bowl in the sink before walking upstairs to my room.

After walking into my bedroom, I slid open the sliding door to reveal my wardrobe. Nice clothes neatly hung up as others were folded up and placed on shelves. Without noticing what I chose, I pulled out some random clothes before getting dressed. All of my clothes looked good together so choosing ones that would match wouldn't be a problem. Stumbling over to my desk, I brushed my ruffled messy H/C hair and left it down for the day and put on some deodorant. I went to brush my teeth in the bathroom and met with my dad, also brushing his teeth. I put some toothpaste on my toothbrush before looking into the mirror as I brushed my teeth next to him. We finished up and walked towards the front of the house, leaving and locking the door behind me. 

"Uhh, dad? Don't I need my stuff?" I questioned, stopping as he walked to the driver's seat of the car. 

"It's all in my office, what, did you think I would let my daughter go her first day without any books?" He explained as a small sigh of relief escaped my lips knowing he had supplies for me. We both sat in the car and drove to school, we both lived in a two-story house quite close to the school, some of dad's teacher friends also lived nearby which is why we visited Dream so much, for some reason he doesn't like it when I call him uncle.

After a couple of minutes, my dad and I arrived at the school. Nightmare had worked here for years, since I was in the fourth grade to be exact. The school was much bigger than I expected, some students were sitting out the front of the school chatting, 

who the hell would get to school this early? I'm only here because dad gets here early! 

I thought, stepping out of the car. The huge school towered over me, I felt somewhat nervous and overwhelmed about this. Walking in next to my dad caused a couple students to glare at me, I don't think they knew he was my dad. Nightmare noticed them and gave them death glare that read 'you mess her you mess with me,' that glare wasn't something I wanted to see coming from my dad. 

"You okay Y/N?" Dad asked as I was staring into space. I flinched and looked back up at him, he seemed concerned. 

"Yeah, just tired is all!" I responded back cheerfully. 

"Did you run out of melatonin?" He questioned back, I simply nodded in response as we continued. 

"Ah! Dearie, you must be Nighty's daughter, nice to finally meet you!" A spider lady spoke at the counter. Nighty? I thought, staring at her, then my dad, he looked annoyed. 

I already hate this.