CHAPTER 19: Home

I sat in silence, seated in the back of the police officer's car as we made our way to the station.

After the investigators came to track down Epics magic trail, the police officers took me back to the station so they could do some questioning.

I was honestly a little confused, was this actually happening? This all seems too surreal..

I was most excited about going home. I miss my family..

The car ride was silent, the only sound being the car running over the road.

Once we made our way back we walked through the ground floor and into the elevator. The male officer walked behind me in case I got lost as the female was in front.

As awkward as it was I didn't really have much to say, I'm sure they understood what I was going through from other jobs they've been given.

We went into the interrogation room, I sat myself down at the chair.

Although I didn't commit any crimes, I'm pretty sure this is just what they are meant to do, I didn't really question it though.

They started asking me questions, wanting to know what happened step by step, what epic did and what our past was.

I explained everything, sparing then no detail, they noted everything.

After an hour or so, the interrogation was over. The female officer led me to her desk, seating me down near her.

"Thank you Y/N for answering our questions, you've been a massive help in this investigation." She said, clicking a few things on her computer before turning to face me.

"My partner is contacting your family to come to pick you up and answer a few questions while they're here." She finished softy.

"Everything okay, you're safe now."

I nodded once, letting out a heavy.

I was minutes away from seeing my family again, minutes away from seeing my family again. I had been waiting for this opportunity for god knows how long and it was finally happening!! It was finally fucking happening!!

Words couldn't describe the nervous emotion I felt as I waited. God, I wish they would hurry up! I don't think I can tolerate waiting much longer!

I starred out the window, the clouds parting ways to reveal the moon shining in the dark night sky. The officer went back to her work as I waited.

Most of the officers were either busy on their computers or out so the room was relatively empty. Quiet.

I could feel them getting closer. An overwhelming sense in my soul told me that they had to be near. They were so close.

And then it happened. The elevator door opened. My body, although tired, shot around as fast as possible to see what I thought I would never see again. Dad...

My body began to shake, shutting down completely. My mind rushing with thoughts as I couldn't process what was happening. He seemed the same, shocked.

I began whimpering, tearing up as I managed to get out of my seat.

My legs were shaky and it was hard to stand, but I refused to let that stop me. I used whatever amount of energy I had left and darted towards him. Dad stumbled onto his knees and grabbed hold of me.

I began crying my heart out, gripping onto him as if I would never see him again. I almost didn't..

And as I looked at him through my teary eyes, I saw for the first time, that he was crying.

As expected.. I'm sure this situation had bad effects on us all..

Dream and Palette who I hadn't noticed before came in and hugged me, crying as well.

As I sat on the floor, surrounded by my family, I felt warm.

I felt safe.

And I refused to let that feeling go away, nothing would stop me from being happy with my family any longer.

Nothing..

After we all calmed down, Dad wiped my tears away gently with his quivering hand.

"Oh, my little princess.. I thought id never see you again.." He muttered, his voice melting into teary laughter as he pulled me in close once more. Dream and Palette stood back.

"I'm never leaving again.," I replied

"I love you, dad..." I mumbled, my breaths hitching every second.

"I love you too sweetie.." He replied, I could hear in his voice that he was happier than ever in his life.

The officers came over, helping dad and I up as we all went back into the interrogation room. I refuse to let go of dad and uncle dreams hand. Palette gave me a hug from behind as we walked.

We all sat down and went through the questions again.

Dad and Dream explained everything they knew, and Palette gave some information on Epic that even I didn't know..

After yet another hour, we were allowed to leave, and I was more than happy to get back home.

We went back into the elevator, pressing the button labelled "G". The buttons outline glowed blue as we began to lower.

We stepped out and Dad began leading us to Dreams car.

Dream clicked his keys and unlocked the car, Palette and I sat in the back. We began the 15-minute drive back home.

Around two minutes in, the silence began to get to me. We were all so happy and excited that none of us knew what to say. After some thinking, I decided to speak up.

"So"

"What did I miss?" I joked, nervously tucking my hair behind my ear.

Palette gave me a heartbroken look, as did dad in the rear-view mirror.

Should I have said that? I meant it as a joke..

I gave a nervous chuckle to hide my embarrassment, dad sighed.

"You missed a lot Y/N, you were gone for 6 weeks..." Uncle Dream stated.

"I know, I was just trying to lighten the mood.." I replied quietly.

"Y/N you're more than enough needed to brighten the mood," Dad added.

"Knowing that you're alive and safe with us means more than you'll ever know.. He finished.

I smiled warming at him through the mirror, he smiled back.

After a little more time, we were almost home. The nervous feeling was back as soon I saw Uncle Dream turning onto our street.

I didn't understand why I was nervous, there was nothing to be nervous about? Yet again my emotions have been all over the place..

The car stopped, I took a deep breath. Pallet gave me a soothing rub on the back, I smiled at him as thanks.

Once Palette opened his door and hopped out, I followed.

As my feet hit the concrete driveway, I took in a deep breath.

The smell of incoming rain and the plants around was all I could smell. It made me feel at home.

I turned around, seeing the same two-story house I had grown up in my whole life. It was bigger than I remember it being...

Dad unlocked the door, I cautiously walked inside behind the others. Dad waited for me before going in himself.

Dream and Palette turned around, Dad hugged me from behind. There were so many emotions going on at once that I didn't know what to feel. All I could do was cry.

I didn't even know what I was crying about anymore.

I was home.

I was safe.

And I couldn't be happier right now.