CHAPTER 14: Gone

Nightmare's POV

Stacking the last of the marked tests on my desk, I took a deep breath and sighed a sigh of relief in knowing that I was finished. Falling back onto my desk chair, my eyelights wandered over to the digital clock set to the far right of my desk, 7:46 pm. I jolted up from my seat at the sight, quickly grabbing the clock as I double-checked just to be sure. 'Yep, that's the correct time alright...' I thought, placing down the clock in its original place before lightly face palming the left side of my skull. "I need to get home, I can't believe I forgot about Y/N's suspension too..." I mumbled, picking up my belongings as I left my office. Making my way to the car, I said my goodbyes to what small amounts of the staff were left at the school, Thank goodness Miss Temmie doesn't mind us staying late. Jumping inside my car, I felt uneasy at the notice of Y/N not in the passenger seat next to me, this made me more eager to get home as soon as possible. My grip on the steering wheel tightened as I attempted to calm myself, mumbling reassurance to soothe this paranoia, explaining that Y/N was alright and I was just overreacting.

Now reaching home, I stepped out of the car and made my way to the front door. Rummaging through my pocket I grabbed the house keys and unlocked the door, then walking inside. My belongings now resting on the hallway table, I called Y/N's name in hopes she would answer. But she didn't. Calling again, though more like a question, I checked the living room and kitchen for her, there was only silence. My heart rate grew slightly faster as I rushed up to her bedroom to check if she was ok. Gently and quietly opening Y/Ns wooden bedroom door, letting out a small creak, my eyes widened at the sight of her empty room. Though slightly colder than usual, my eyelights scanned the room, hoping she'd be at least somewhere, but there was nothing. The shut curtains blocked out all light from the room as specs of dust drifted in the still air, the silence accompanied by the dark eerie interior was all that remained. standing in shock, I slowly walked back, eventually hitting the wall behind my shaking body. But then it hit me, if she wasn't here, where was she?

I let out a gasp of realisation as I darted around the house just to double-check if she wasn't hiding anywhere. After a triple check, I finally came to my answer. "Oh my god, she's gone..." I mumbled, my voice breaking down as my breaths were hitched, hiding my face in my shaking hands. My elbows resting on my now trembling legs as I took a deep breath and sighed, attempting to calm myself. Slowly picking up my phone from beside me, I kept repeating the same things to myself over and over in an attempted to calm down. "It's okay, just call her phone and ask where she is... It's okay, its o-kay..." I continued, inputting her number into the dial pad, then clicking 'call' with one of my phalanges. The phone rung and rung, this continued for a couple of seconds, till I heard the one thing I wanted to hear the most right now, It was Y/N!! "Y/N where have you be-" "Hi, sorry I can't take your call right now, please leave a message after the beep, thanks!" The recording of Y/N's voice finished, then ending off with a beep which then left me once again in the silence of my empty home.

staring at my phone screen with slight anger, I hung up and called again, at this point I was too determined to give up there. calling a second time, I once again waited for her to pick up, but was responded with the voice mail message once more. I sighed, hunching over as far as I could, my arms resting behind my head as my hands hung lifelessly. 'its okay Nightmare, don't overreact, maybe she just lost her-'

Ding!

'Phone...' I finished, pulling away from my thoughts as I heard a ding come from upstairs. Rushing towards the echoing remains, I barged through Y/Ns door to see the vibrant glowing wallpaper of Y/N's phone, just sticking out from under her bed, turning itself off in a matter of seconds. my blood ran cold, I thought that if her phone was up here, maybe she was just hiding or something along those lines. Picking up the phone, I noticed that the screen was slightly cracked at the corner, following through the middle of the screen, perhaps she dropped it earlier? 'Why would she leave her phone here? she usually takes it everywhere...' i thought as my paranoia began to take over, slowly consuming my thoughts, chipping away at what was left of my calm state. 'why did she leave it here? did she forget it? did she have to leave for an emergency? or was she taken? for all I know she could be hurt or raped o-or...