CHAPTER 25: The Afterparty

The ceremony was now over, allowing the party to begin. Once again, everyone went back to chatting amongst themselves, while Geno and Reaper went around chatting as well. You tried to hide behind your family once more, but after a group started forming around them you made a quick exit. People noticed you for sure, but for some reason didn't chat with you at all thankfully.

You ran around the corner of the red brick building and went inside the now opened after-party hall. The two dark wood doors had been swung open at the top of the steps, chalkboards placed outside the door with balloons attached.

Inside the hall, the place was decked out with tables, chairs, balloons, everything! There were a few tables for snacks too. You stopped just through the doorway, looking around for a place to go.

"Y/N!" a voice called from behind you. You spun around to see Goth, you're old morning buddy. Your heart dropped at the fact that you had finally gotten spotted, after all, it was only a matter of time.

"It's been so long since I've seen you.. Where on earth have you been?!?" Goth asked in a panic, grabbing hold of your shoulders.

"Haven't you heard? I got sick and had to stay home, Goth.." You replied, still shaking.

"Well I mean, I heard that.. I didn't think it was true though. Getting a common cold has been recorded to last a while but I think that you were gone a little longer than just two weeks Y/N.."

Oh god, he was catching onto your lies. It's not like it was unexpected considering how smart he is, but you still expected the truth to be hidden for a little longer than a few minutes.

"I hate to sound rude but id much rather not talk about it..." You tried to push him off, make it sound like a touchy subject which had apparently worked!

"Sorry, I understand.." He apologised.

"It's fine.. don't worry about it." you apologised, not liking the feeling of lying to such a good friend of yours.

This conversation was nice and all, and you enjoyed being back out in public again, but still feared too much interaction. the longer you stayed out here in the entrance of the main hall, the more attention you'd be drawing to yourself.

If you wanted to take your reappearance slow and steady you'd need to be a bit better at hiding than this. With that in mind, you said some quick goodbyes to Goth and ran towards the bathrooms in the corner of the building.

"Y/N! W-Wait!" he called but it was too late, you were already gone. This was way too much interaction way too soon, so you made the smartest decision you could think of and hid in the closest stall of the girls' bathroom.

Slamming the door behind me and locking it as soon as I could, I fell onto the closed seat of the toilet. I brought my knees to my chest and tried to think things through.

Dads going to tell people I'm here.. people are going to come to look for me. What do I do...

There's no way I would be going out there to speak to so many people at once. Going to a party really wasn't the best way to meet everyone again, It's so easy to get overwhelmed...

Suddenly, you heard a knock on the door of your stall.

"Hey, are you alright in there..?" A girl spoke, her voice indicated she was somewhat around my age. I remained silent.

"You're Y/N right?" She asked, "Yeah, you're the girl who used to meet with Goth every morning before class started.. I'm one of his younger sisters, Xhaji.."

Xhaji? The name sounded familiar but unfortunately, you couldn't quite remember who she was.

"You might not have noticed me but I was in here before you arrived, you seem panicked... Do you mind me asking what's wrong..?" Xhaji had seemed nice. It was for you to have the courage to open the bathroom door and meet her face to face, but she sounded like she genuinely cared. She was Goth's sister so she was somewhat trustworthy, right?

"I..It's nothing really.. Just a little overwhelmed." I muttered, sniffling from inside the stall. It had been very obvious that I was not alright, but you had to try you're best to keep calm. Wouldn't want to ruin the makeup I spent so long on this morning, right?

It was funny, this morning I was actually excited for this, excited to see my friends again. I guess I was only excited from the idea of it, not actually doing it cause damn it was too much.

"I get it, you were sick right? You were that kid who just randomly disappeared for ages right?" She asked, just the reminder of my disappearance made me tense up. relax, you're not there anymore... everything's better now..

"..yes... coming back has been a bit difficult.." Xhaji sighed from the other side of the door, as if in thought.

"Hmm.. How about this, would you like me to get you a bodyguard?" She asked, the mention caught your attention.

"bodyguard..?" I muttered.

"Yeah, someone who can keep away anyone who tries to speak to you whenever you're uncomfortable. I-I'll make sure you know them of course! That way you're not just hanging out with a stranger..." She added, the idea of having a bodyguard had made me feel very safe... I liked this idea, a lot..

"Okay.. that sounds nice.."

"Great! I know just the person to help you out! You come out when you're ready, ill have them wait outside for you." Xhaji exclaimed, shuffling could be heard shortly after. she must be getting ready to leave.

"Thank you, Xhaji.." I thanked, my body finally relaxing.

"No problem, anything for a girl in need right?" She added before leaving.

Maybe this party won't be too bad after all..