CHAPTER 22: Girlfriend??!

"Y/N GET DOWN FROM THERE!! ITS DANGEROUS!!" Palette shouted, standing at the foot of the tree.

"Aww come on!! You told me being more active would help my mental health!!" I called back, climbing further up the tree, clutching onto each branch tightly.

"This isn't what I meant though.. we were meant to go out on a nice walk.." Palette mumbled; I could still hear him but barely.

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I made my way down the tree slowly.

Once I jumped down the last little bit Palette gave me a tight hug, his head digging into my shoulder.

"Don't do that again, I was worried about you.." He mumbled.

"Mkay, what do you wanna do now?" I asked, leaning back a little.

"Not sure, wanna keep walking?"

"Sure."

Palette and I walked for a while longer, chatting as we continued our laps.

Once we were about to head home, Palette had gotten a call from Uncle Dream, I forgot my phone at home.

"Mhm"

"Yeah, just now."

"We'll be there in a minute."

Palette started to change direction.

We were both at a park that was a decent way away from home. While we were in the car with Uncle Dream, Palette thought it would be a good idea to go for a walk while Uncle Dream was shopping.

Palette hung up after saying his goodbyes.

"Dad said he'd be picking us up in the car park, so we have to head there now, he has another call on the line." Palette said, I nodded as we headed back the way we came.

We walked into the car park, seeing dreams pale yellow car parked opposite to us. He had his windows rolled down.

He hadn't noticed either of us yet.

The two of us hadn't meant to eavesdrop but what we heard made us question too many things.

"Alright sweetheart I'll see you later, love you!" Uncle Dream said before hanging up.

Palette and I looked at each other in shock, was Uncle Dream dating someone??!?!?

I figured no since both Palette and I knew how busy his schedule was, but who was he talking too??

I whispered to Palette that I was going to talk to him, but Palette held me back, eagerly trying to stop me.

I eventually got out and stood at the window, resting my head on my hands as I leant forwards against the car door.

"So, Uncle Dream, who was that..?" I asked

His eyelights shrunk.

That reaction... Oh so he is keeping a secret now huh..?

"Nobody you know, just a friend.."

"A friend? Or maybe.. a GIRLFRIEND?? HMM???" I said, teasing him further as his face grew a light-yellow blush.

"Y/N.. It's a guy.. And im not dating anyone!" He shouted in defence.

"Uncle Dream don't screw with me, I know your bisexual, we all do.."

"Plus, that blush on your face tells me otherwise." I concluded, giggling as his blush grew more intense.

"Just get in the car.." Dream ordered sternly.

I chuckled and did as he said. Palette and I sat either side of the shopping bags, peeking through what was there.

The car trip was only a few minutes so we would be home really soon.

I got a message from Palette

Roll_With_It: Why did you ask him that?

I gave him a smirk

Insomniac: Uncle Dream could possibly have a partner! Why wouldn't I try and investigate??

Roll_With_It: It isn't investigating Y/N, you're invading his privacy..

Insomniac: Oh, come on I know you're curious too, there's no harm unless we go too far

Roll_With_It: Yeah I guess you're right; we just need to keep within certain boundaries

Insomniac: Exactly!!

Insomniac: Lets steal his phone.

Roll_With_It: Y/N!! WE'RE NOT STEALING MY DADS PHONE!!!

Insomniac: Why not? We could check the contact and message history to see what's going on.

Roll_With_It: I'm not doing that, you can if you want but that's too far N/N....

We soon arrived home. Once we had unclipped out seatbelts I gave Palette a smirk and winked at him.

Dad was out again helping Mr Reaper with wedding decisions. Dad was announced as Mr Reapers best man last night, they've been close since high school apparently.

The three of us after packing away all the shopping, split into doing our own things.

For a while Palette was catching up one homework he had gotten recently, Uncle Dream was watching tv and marking assignment and I was about to go a take a shower.

After I had done with my shower, the house was very quiet, nobody was making any noise.

Coming downstairs while still being wrapped in towels, I saw Uncle Dream still marking assignments on his laptop, except not he had the TV turned off. I leant against the back of the couch, reading the screen. Something about planet moon investigation results or something like that..

Uncle Dream looked over his shoulder over to me.

"Is there something you need?" He asked, giving me his usual smile.

"A name." I stated

"You still on about that huh?"

"Is it someone from school? A teacher? I- Oh please don't tell me its Mr Cross..."

"Im not telling, nobody needs to know at the moment." He clarified.

"Oooh, so not even Dad knows?" I asked, moving the towel wrapper around my hair back in place.

"It's complicated. Like I said don't worry about it." Uncle Dream went back to marking, closing off our conversation. I got that he was busy and decided to leave.

"Boy is that lame.. Anyways, I'm gonna go get changed and chill out."

"Okay. Also, just a heads-up dinner might be a little later tonight."

"Kay"