CHAPTER 9: Dads Study

Y/N's POV

Grabbing the keys, I unlocked the front door and entered, I couldn't see dad anywhere. "Y/N, is that you?" He called out from upstairs, probably in his room. "No Dad, it's just a burglar that has keys to the house. Of course it's me!" I replied with attitude. "Wow, I don't remember raising you to act like that.'" he added, walking up towards me. "I'm tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap, if i can that is..." I responded, slouching as I drug myself yo my bedroom. "Alright, I'm going to head out for a bit, i'll be back in a couple hours." he called out, leaving the house as the sound of the door closing rung throughout the halls. 'What the hell could dad be doing at this time?' I thought, my face immediately changing to shock as I sprung up in my bed. 'Could he be? Nah, he probably just went to pick up those notes from Dreams place or something.' I corrected, trying to distract myself from those disturbing thoughts. "Im hungry." I called out to the empty room. Slugging myself out of bed I slid over to my door and went into the kitchen to get some F/F. On my way back, I was halfway up the stairs when a cold breeze brushed up against my S/C skin, my H/L hair blowing behind me. Curious, I placed my F/F on the hallway table and walked towards the end of the room, and in front of me was dad's private study room, and the door was open.

I was extremely confused cause dad never left the door open, in fact it was always locked, I never really knew what it even looked like in there. My curiosity got the better of me as i ran into my room, grabbing a torch and walking back out to the hallway. I stood in front of the ominous door, cold breeze still flowing in my face. I flicked the light on and gently pushed open the door, the light from the torch quickly brightening up the room in an instant. "What. The. Hell..."I exclaimed, looking at all the books and hung up pictures that were crowding the room. Walking over the dusty rug to the old wooden desk, I noticed an open book on top with a navy blue and silver pen. I was tempted to read what the book wrote but was on the brink of deciding not to. "There's no harm in reading right?" I whispered, sitting down in the padded desk chair as I began to read.

Wednesday, 4:37pm 202X

The past couple days have been stressful, Cross has been getting on my nerves from quite a while, now that he's seen Y/N's SOUL. Not only has ----------- been getting more nervous with each passing day But Cross has been getting more suspicious. Other than all that, Killer has been acting extremely strangely,  Even after the whole fight between Him and Y/N, i still think he can change, but there's something else on his mind that I still don't know. Now for some exciting news, Geno and Reapers wedding, i'm happy that they're together, im sure Goth is excited as well. I'll be heading out later once Y/N gets back to go to the post office. Epic called me a while ago saything that he sent a package for Y/N so i'll be leaving later to pick it up and surprise her with it.

"So much for the surprise..." I whispered, staring at the paper once more. "I wonder what Epic se-" I was about to say till i got interrupted by the front door opening. Panicking i flicked off my light and darted to my bedroom before he knew I was in his study. I threw the torch onto a pile of blankets and pillows in the corner of the room and pounced onto my bed, seconds before Dad walked in to see if I was asleep or now. I could hear the silent squeaking of the door as Dad shut the door and left. "What was that all about?" I whispered before falling asleep in my warm, cozy bed.

NIGHTMARE'S POV

Coming home, i walked inside and went to check on Y/N. I opened the door and saw her asleep on her bed, i wonder what she was dreaming about... Walking away, I noticed a plate of F/F on the hallway counter. I picked up the bowl/plate and put it in the fridge so Y/N could have it later. Placing the package from Epic on the counter, i walked back up to my room. Feeling the cold breeze, I froze, my head twitched over to the open study. I ran across the room as I quietly shut it, trying not to make a sound. "Oh my stars, no..." I whispered, leaning against the wall, slowly sliding down until I sat on the floor, my face buried in my hands. 'Did she see it? The door wasn't fully open... Im not ready for her to know yet!' I thought, groaning into my hands as I steadied my breathing and racing SOUL. After some thinking, I decided to wait till she woke up and act like nothing happened, if she starts acting strange then that means that she read it... for now i need to grade these papers.