CHAPTER 20: What's new?

I seated myself down on the couch, shaking with joy.

"You want a tea?" Dad offered. I nodded making eye contact.

Palette came a sat down next to me as Dream followed Dad into the kitchen.

Palette voice was soft and quiet, I could hear the happiness in his voice.

"We all really missed you Y/N.." He said, hugging me from the side. I rested my head on him and sighed.

"Yeah, I know.. I missed you guys too.."

"It's a good thing you came back when you did, I don't know how much longer Dad and I could keep Uncle Nightmare stable..." Palette mentioned, his grip loosening.

"Stable?" I questioned.

"Uncle Nightmare was, uhm.. Not going too well while you were gone.." He started, letting go of me to look me in the eyes. I forgot how bright his eyelights were..

"He wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, wouldn't talk to anyone until he found a way to get you back..."

"He was easier to help a little after you, disappeared.. but after week, things got bad..." He finished, rubbing his eyes. What time was it anyways? Palette seems over tired..

Dad came into the living room with a tea for me, Dream, and a coffee for himself. They sat down on the couch next to me.

"So" I started, hoping to strike up a conversation between us but wasn't too sure how to continue it.

"What's new?" I finished after some time to think.

"Anything I've missed out on while I was out?" I continued. Nobody spoke up for a while.

Uncle Dream took in a breath, my head perked up in his direction.

"We haven't really been apart of anything outside of the house. Both Nighty and I have been at home. Neither of us have gone to work since you left."

"We have had visitors and Palette has been going to school but no information about all of this has be spread. We've just been trying to find a way to get you back." Dream finished, taking a sip of his tea, giving Dad a look which I assume was to get Dad to continue the conversation.

Dad looked down at me, giving me a comforting smile. I took a sip of my tea.

"besides what we've been missing outside of the house, we have had our own things going on inside." Dad started.

What could've been going on inside of the house?

"What's happened?" I asked, genuinely confused as to what they were about to say. I looked over to Dream and Palette, their faces were glowing with excitement.

"Dream and Palette have moved in with us..!" Nightmare announced.

What.

"They have??" I replied, not seeing much of a difference with the house.

"Yeah! We have! Palette and I thought it would be easier to help Nightmare if we were with him at all times, so we moved in! That and it would be easier since the rent at my place was too high." Dream explained. This was awesome!

"Cool." I responded happily with a smile, taking another sip of my tea.

"Ooh! Ooh!" Palette chipped in.

"I broke my arm!!" He announced with massive enthusiasm. God I missed his positivity..

"You did? How..??" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Well, since we only moved on not long ago, I wasn't used to the house yet and fell down the stairs..." He explained, a light embarrassed blush lighting up his face. I giggled at his clumsiness. Palette giggled along with me.

"Now that Dream and Palette are living here we've also had to make a few adjustments to the rooms. Dream and I will be sharing a room and you and Palette with be sharing a room." Nightmare explained, nodding his head in the direction of the bedrooms before taking a long sip of his coffee.

"OOH!!! Y/N!!! WE GET TO HAVE A BUNK BED!! HOW COOL IS THAT??" Palette added in once more, his usual volume coming back.

"Pally, inside voices..." Dream reminded.

"Right! Sorry dad!" Palette responded before pulling me by my arm.

"Can I go take Y/N to show her our room??" He asked, Dad chuckled under his breath and nodded. Not even a second after, Palette dragged me by my arm to our bedroom.

Honestly, I didn't mind sharing a room with Palette, with us being cousins we were used to spending a lot of our time together. He was cool, I loved him.

Once we made our way to the extremely clean room we now shared, my mind was blown at how different yet the same it was.

Where my bed used to be was now replaced with a bunk bed pressed up against the window, both beds were neatly made.

On one side of the room Palettes furniture sat along with all his other items, and on the other side was all of mine.

The dream catcher that dad got me for my birthday was hung up above the bunk bed, and both palette and my posters were hung up around the room.

"Do you like it Y/N?? I even gave you top bunk!!" He announced, letting me take my time as I adjusted to the new room.

"I love it. And, you really didn't have to give me top bunk Pally.." I replied.

"No! I am a good cousin! I would always give nice things to you!!" He replied, his voice getting loud and defensive. I jumped at his volume.

"Oh, sorry.." He apologised, lowering his voice once more.

"You're good.." I answered.

Palette and I sat on the edge of his bed in silence. After 20 more seconds, Palettes face lit up as he remembered something. He stood up and climbed up the ladder to my bed.

"Y/N! I almost forgot!" He started.

"What did you almost forget..?" I continued.

"Your phone!!" He said handing me my now cracked phone.

"it got a little broken at some point, but the damage wasn't too bad at least!" he said. I ran my fingers over the cracks around the edges.

Clicking the home button I saw the over hundreds of notifications pop up.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THERE SO MANY!!?!??

Palette peered over my shoulder after seeing my expression, his matched mine after he saw my screen.

"Well I guess that's what 6 weeks of notifications looks like.." he mumbled, a small laugh to his sentence.

"Eheh.. Yeah.. Thanks for my phone.."

Damn I have so many messages to go through now..