CHAPTER 7: Paperjam

Y/N's POV

Just as History class was finishing, Dad called me to the front of the room, as students were packing up for class.

"Here, read this when you have to time." He exclaimed, handing me the note. Without question, though confused, I took the note and gently placed it into my carry bag before rushing to lunch. Not only did I want to hang out with my friends, I also was starving. After getting my food, I walked over to my table to see the three skeletons sitting there, happily eating their lunch.

"Hey, guys." I greeted,

"Hello" Siren responded, Aster waved as Dust stayed silent from him still chewing his food.

"How are you going?" Aster asked, partly eating his food.

"I'm alright, how about you?" I responded.

"Quite alright," Siren answered.

"Hey Y/N aren't you meant to be at the choir tryout?" Dust reminded.

"Oh stars, I am! Thanks for reminding me I almost forgot." I exclaimed, grabbing my bag as I sat up from my seat.

"You sing?" Aster asked, causing me to flinch and blush from him saying so.

"W-Well I d-d-do like t-to but I-I-I just g-ge-"

"Its alright to be nervous about such things, just know that we're here to support you if you need." Dust reassured as I nodded and left for the music room.

"And what are you doing here?" A familiar voice rang out, not wanting to turn around, I made an idiot move and did it anyway.

"What, Surprised to see me?" He teased.

"I thought you got suspended..." I mumbled to the skeleton.

"Nope, they just let me off with a warning." He responded calmly.

"What do you even want anyway?" I asked, kinda scared about what he would respond with.

"Its simple really, I just want you to keep away from Mr Night, that's all" He responded, eye twitching as he inched closer.

"What do you mean?" I asked, did he really expect me to not be near my dad?

"Just stay away or the consequences will be dire, do you understand?" He exclaimed again, attempting to be threatening.

"Killer, back off." A familiar voice echoed. I looked up to see the skeleton from P.E class. He wore a letterman jacket, a magenta shirt and navy blue pants. His bones were black with the exception of fiery orange marks on each cheekbone and pink and yellow fingertips. His eyes were pink with blue and yellow pinpricks, the back right part of his skull also floating around his head.

"Ugh, PJ what do you want?" Killer questioned, irritated.

"You heard what I said, BACK. OFF." He repeated, but more stern this time. Killer rolled his eyelights before hesitantly backing off and leaving to the cafeteria.

"Uhm, thanks..." I mumbled out, looking to the side to avoid eye contact.

"And thanks for back during P.E" I added, leaning against the side of the lockers.

"It's fine, really. Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm fine but uhh, why are you being nice to me?" I asked, he looked at me confused, cocking his head to one side while leaning against the locker corner, arm rested on top as he towered over me, how was he so tall?!

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"Well, I always see you and the others bullying people like my friends, so why are you so nice to me?" I finished.

"Don't worry about that, it's a long story and I'm meant to be somewhere right now so I have to get going.." he exclaimed, avoiding the question.

"Hey wait, do you at least mind telling me your name?" I asked, he stopped in his tracks and turned his head over his shoulder, giving me a warm smile before responding.

"PaperJam, but people call me PJ" I smiled as he left before I could tell him my name.

Looking back at the music room door, I saw the empty classroom through the window, seems that half lunch hasn't started yet. Slightly bored, I decided to sit on the floor against the locker side and read that letter Dad gave me. Carefully taking out the envelope, I unwrapped the top and took out a beautifully decorated card, the front read the following.

Dear Nightmare and Y/N,

We would like to invite you to the wedding ceremony of Geno and Reaper.

Friday the 27 of March, 202X

Ceremony to commence at 1pm at Ebott winery, followed by a formal celebration at 6pm at the Ebott banquet hall

After reading the note I instantly became excited, So Goths parents are getting married, Aww I feel so excited for them! I started packing up my things as I saw Miss Shyren approaching from the distance.

"H-Hello Y/N." She shyly greeted,

"Hi Miss Shyren" I muttered in response as she scrambled to get her keys out and unlock the door.

"Looks like you're the first one to arrive so early, we should have a couple more students showing up in a few minutes. In the meantime, do you want to start tryouts now?" she questioned, shutting the classroom door.

"U-Uhh, A-A-Alright... I just get stage fright extremely easily so I-I'm a bit nervous..." I responded, setting my bag aside.

"It's alright, ill be here for you, you're not the only one here that's got stage fright." She reassured, passing me a microphone.

"What's the microphone for?" I asked,

"Just for practice I guess, don't worry it's not connected." She exclaimed while passing my a sheet of what songs to pick.

"Uhm, ill do Addicted to you please..." I exclaimed, Miss Shyren nodded as she was setting up the backing track on her laptop.

"Whenever You're Ready"