CHAPTER 18: Distant Sirens

Days passed. Each cross over from night to day being tallied on a small notepad laying next to my frail body.

Once again I had stayed lying in bed, not moving from my original position for hours.

Just like every other day, I blanked out, starring into space as I hope for an escape. I knew that it would have to happen eventually. And if it weren't soon then it would have to be after weeks and week, maybe even months..

I knew that dad wouldn't stop until he got me back, He would do everything in his power to get me back, and I hoped with every bit of my soul that I could see him again soon.

Epic has been awake for around 20 minutes now, getting dressed, preparing for something..

"What're you doing," I asked, cold and tired.

"I'm getting dressed, I have to go meet up with some friend and discuss future plans." He stated. The way he said it sounded weird, what on earth could they be going to talk about? What type of future plans are they planning?

I decided not to pay too much attention to it, whatever it was didn't matter to me.

Nothing mattered any more

There was no escape from this place..

...no hope...

I wished that someday I could escape from this disgusting place but doesn't mean it'll happen. I began to lose hope in a bright future.

Epic left after giving me his usual kiss goodbye. I paid no attention to him.

Once he teleported away, I remained the same. There was no point in trying to get out, for all I know he could have some sort of way to sense where I am or something like that.. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a tracker on me..

I knew I would have to get up and be alive at some point. From all movies I've seen with kidnapping, I know that you have to at least be healthy. Have some sort of workout plan to keep me stable.

Although my energy was depleting every second, I decided to give it a try.

I gave up after a few sit-ups, becoming too exhausted to do anything else. I fell onto my back on the floor

I spread my arms and legs out like a starfish and stared at the ceiling. It didn't make much of a difference, but I did feel slightly better.

My eyes fell over to the open window, its small yet refreshing breeze blew across my face. I let out a sigh.

I sat up, resting my chin on the windowsill to get closer to the wind.

I shut my eyes, calmed as I laid with the wind blowing through my hair.

After a while, there were sounds coming from my door. I groaned, standing up

The hell..?

I leant against the door; I ear pressed up against the dark wood.

I could hear yelling, fighting. What the fuck is going on out there..?

The shouting grew louder, more voices joined in. I couldn't tell who was there due to it all being an abomination of angry mumbles mixed together.

Epic teleported back, his face confused and panicked. He spun his body around swiftly, darting towards me as soon as our eyes met.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the other side of the room.

"Come one Y/N! We have to go! NOW!" He shouted, his voice rough and worried.

"Wait!! Wha-!!" I started but was cut off by the door being busted open.

I spun my head around and noticed three people standing in the doorway.

My heart filled with happiness at the sight of their matching uniforms as my eyes started to water from my overwhelming emotions.

Epic grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me closer.

I took no time to react, at this point I didn't care if he would kill me, this was my only chance to escape and I was not going to follow him like his little pet any longer.

I could feel his shock radiating off him, clashing against his rage and anxiety.

I knew that this could have some major effect in the future but I was willing to risk that, I just needed to get away from him at all costs.

"Y-Y/N.."

"Wh...Why..??"

Epic voice stuttered as he let out a shaky sigh. His aura calmed.

"Well, I guess you all caught me" He started, I ran off to hide in the doorway, hiding behind the policemen. I listened to Epics words carefully.

"I had been planning this for years and once everything goes right this happens..?"

"Shame.." He said lowly, his voice practically whispering.

"Oh and Y/N, Ill come back for you another time, okay?" He locked eyes with me. I could tell from that one stare that I was in trouble, big trouble. I swear to god I better not have any sort of encounter with him in future.

"Well gents, I guess this is where we part off." He concluded, why weren't the police going for him? They could've tased him or something! Now he's getting away!

The officers inched closer towards him, their guns at the ready.

"See ya next time..." Epic spoke one last time, his voice as cold as ice. Epic gave me a final smile before he teleported off, leaving me in the safety of the officers.

It was over.. Finally.. IT WAS ACTUALLY FREAKING OVER!!

"I thought magic was restricted here. How can he teleport?" One of the officers asked.

"It's a different type of magic restriction. No magic from inside can be detected from the outside." The other answered.

"Even then, we can still track his magic and catch him relatively easily." She added.

The closest officer to me turned around to question me. He placed his gun back into his holster.

"What's you're name miss?" He asked, squatting down.

"..Y/N.." I muttered through my tears.

"Good, you're the one we've been searching for.."

"Don't worry Y/N, you're safe now." He assured. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself as much as possible.

I was so filled with joy I could hardly keep myself from breaking into tears of happiness.

I tried to only think about the positive things like Uncle Dream taught me to do, I would do anything to erase all the other memories from my head. I'm just going to hope everything gets better from here onwards..