CHAPTER 16: Masked Figure

Y/Ns POV

A day had gone past, maybe two? Its hard to tell.. I've been stuck cuffed to this chair for countless hours with no way to tell the time. I couldn't remember the last time I saw those two men in suits, nor the time I last ate at, I was utterly starving. I sat in silence, slightly leaning forwards with my head hanging towards the dull monochrome ground. It was only until now that I started to hear sounds outside the grey door. It was footsteps. My heart started to race a little, was this their "boss"..?? I clenched my eyes shut and swallowed down any speck of sarcasm that would be tempted to come out. The heavy door let out a loud creak, the rusty hinges grinding against each other, forming into an unpleasant screech. I cringed at the sound and tried to use my shoulders to block my ears. After the door shut, I felt the warmth of my presence in front of me, I chose to open my eyes.

My palms were sweaty just at the sight of my kidnapper. He wore a solid black robe with a white mask covering his face. His outfit gave me major cult vibes, was I being sacrificed..??? My kidnapper seemed around my height, maybe a little shorter, didn't seem too strong from what I could see. He knelt down in front of me, I heard a muffled chuckle flow out from under his mask. His voice was deep.

"Hmm.."

"You look better tied to that chair than I imagined..~" He commented

I froze. If this were any other situation, I would've been flustered, most likely passing out from embarrassment, but this?? This was just shocking.. I tried to speak but nothing came out, all I could do was stare. I couldn't even tell if I was blushing, it was like my soul got separated from my body, and had no control over my movements or feelings. It was strange..

"But either way you'd still look better underneath me..." He added.

As much as I wanted to respond to that, tell him that he can't do those things to me, I know it wouldn't do any good. The last thing I need is to make him angry. But no matter, I attempted to stumble out some sort of question that wouldn't have any bad effects. At least, not that I thought of at the time. "W-W-Who are y-you..?"

He stared at my a second. Or well, I imagined he would, it was hard to tell with his mask on, but from his posture,I had some sort of clue as to what his expression was. He hummed lowly, turning to the side a little. "Well, I suppose it isn't nice to hide these sorts of things from a loved one.."

He took off his white mask, revealing his face, and what I saw was beyond what my imagination expected. His purple eyes directed on me softened, a light lavender flowing across his cheeks. I felt the colour drain from my face. This is impossible, there's no way Epic would kidnap me..? We've been friends for years now! Why..? He moved closer. With my body still frozen from shock, I had no reaction to his embrace. I could feel the hair around me shift as he sniffed my hair, taking in my aroma. I wouldn't expect it to be any good after I've been sitting here for god knows how long.. I shuddered.

As his arms slowly drifted from my shoulders down to my sides, he placed his hands on top of mine, clutching my fingers. He gave me a gentle smile, closing his eyes. He unlocked my cuffs, releasing me from the restraints. "Why don't we move to a more comfortable space, hm..?" He announced, giving a small cute, but unnerving giggle.

I stood up, looking away from him. He walked beside me but a little behind, placing a hand on my back as he still had that smile. I flinched under his touch, triggering my fight or flight response. I jolted to the nearest wall; Epic seemed saddened by this. He teleported behind me and hugged me from behind. I flinched once more, only this time I was unable to move. "It's okay, you don't need to be afraid... I'll always be here to protect you.." He ensured; however, this did not calm my nerves whatsoever.