CHAPTER 21: Theatre Number Five

My eyes fluttered open, being nudged awake from Palette.

"Y/NNNN... Wake upppp." He whined.

"Whaaat??" I replied irritated as I rolled my body away from the light and towards him.

"Dad asked if you wanted to go into the city today and watch a movie while Uncle Nightmares out," Palette explained as I sat up. He was seated at the other end on my bed kneeling.

"Why is dad out?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Mr Geno and Mr Reaper needed help organising for their wedding." He explained.

"Oh, that makes sense.. I actually forgot that they were getting married soon.." I admitted. Palette laughed.

"Really??"

"Yeah.." I said chuckling.

"Oh, my stars Y/N..."

"Anyways were going into the city to watch a movie and do other stuff," Palette explained once more.

"Cool, I'm in for it, what time are we leaving..?" I asked, stretching my arms and legs.

"Whenever you're ready," Palette replied.

"Also, you better come down soon cause Dads making pancakes." He added before heading down the ladder.

"Race you down to the kitchen!" He shouted, dashing out the door.

"Hey! Wait! That's not fair you bitch!!" I shouted.

"LANGUAGE Y/N!!!" He shouted back from the hallway.

I rolled my eyes and jumped out of bed, grabbing a hoodie and socks on my way down.

Now downstairs, I sat myself down on a barstool next to Palette.

"Morning Uncle Dream." I greeted, punching Palettes arm as I sat down.

"Oww..!!" he whined

"Morning Y/N, pancakes are almost ready." Dream greeted back.

I nodded, clicking on my phone to check the time.

After a few minutes discussing ideas of what to do while we're out, Dream plated up the pancakes and placed them on the island table we were seated at.

"Bon Appetit..!" Dream said in a French accent as he gave a slight bow.

"THANKS, DAD!!" Palette said with his usual loud daytime voice.

"Thank you," I added after Palette, cutting into my first pancake which was topped with lemon and sugar.

◉ ◉ ◉ ◉

It had been a while since I had eaten breakfast with Palette and Uncle Dream. Since then I had completely gotten myself ready, all I needed to go was grab my phone off charge and we were out the door.

As Uncle Dream was unlocking the car and getting in, I rushed up to my bedroom to grab my phone.

"DAD SAID TO SHUT THE DOOR ON THE WAY OUT!!" Palette called out from the front door.

"OKAY!!" I yelled back, my voice struggling to compete with his volume.. God, I don't know how that kid does it...

I grabbed my phone off my bed and shoved it into my carry bag before rushing down the stairs again.

Shutting the door behind me as instructed, I rushed to the driveway and into the back of Uncle Dreams car.

"So, we have around half an hour till the movie starts, what do you kids want to do in the city while we wait?" Uncle Dream asked, his arm holding onto the passenger's seat as he turned around to face us.

"I dunno, go shopping I guess?" I suggested, Palette bounced with excitement at the idea.

"Yeah!! We can go get some new clothes for the upcoming holidays!!" Palette added, his eyes sparkling and light blush.

Uncle Dream chuckled and began to drive towards the city. We could see the city in the distance from our front yard, it was only a short drive anyways.

Once we arrived, Uncle Dream drove around for a while looking for a park. Since it was the middle of the day, it was expected to be packed as shit.

We ended out not bothering to look for a park any longer and decided to go into a parking lot and pay instead.

The three of us wandered around the city for a while, checking out a couple shops and stopping at a café for lunch. While eating lunch we had accidentally forgotten about the movie and missed the screening.

"I guess we'll have to catch the next screening, what times that at?" Uncle Dream asked, I pulled out the times on my phone.

"2:45 pm," I answered blankly before putting away my phone again.

"Do you guys just want to chill here while we wait..?" He asked once more, Palette and I nodded in response.

We were still at the café from after eating lunch. Palette and I were chatting with Uncle Dream for a while, but we ended out moving to our own devices afterwards.

"You kids ready to head on over now..?" Dream asked, packing his phone away.

"Yup! Are we walking over?" Palette replied, neatly placing his cutlery in the centre of his plate before we left, as did I.

We started walking towards the cinema down the crowded streets.

I kept my head down, there were so many people here.. too many people..

All of this change was so sudden, but I'm glad that I'm at least outside.

Although I don't feel the same as I way, I do feel much better. But there was one thing I noticed that I'm sure Dad and Uncle Dream noticed too. My emotions.. I know that after what happened with Epic, I was different. I can't remember who I really used to be or how I acted, but I know that I still have to go on.

My mind works in a different way now, I can't think or understand how I used to, however that was..

I didn't mind honestly. If I can't remember how I used to act it surely won't be that bad to act a little different. I'm still the same girl I used to be, just a little off s'all..

Another thing that's changed is that I'm more aware of things. I think twice before I do or say something, I check every direction whenever something feels off to me. I'm more observant.

And yeah, I'd see it as a good thing, but I know that I do that because I'm scared.. I'm scared of what will happen if Epic never gets found. I'm scared that this happiness isn't going to last long, but honestly, I have to just stay positive.

Uncle Dream looked back at me with a concerned look. I knew he could sense my emotions and honestly I wasn't sure what to think of it right now. Was it a good thing he could feel my emotions? Or did I not want him to?

I forced a smile to Uncle Dream; I wasn't going to let my change show to Palette. Palette and I were so close, and we still are. I don't want to let this change make our relationship go weird, I liked how things used to be.

Uncle Dream sighed and continued on, I smiled at Palette and he smiled back. I knew he was smart and that he'd find out eventually, and I accepted this. I just wanted to enjoy the time we have left till it changes..

We arrived at the cinema. Now, this I was actually excited about. I'm not all depressed, there are still things I enjoy and things that make me happy, and as long as I have those I'm sure everything will be fine.

"3 tickets please." Dream asked, pulling out his credit card.

He scanned his tap 'n go and took the tickets.

"You guys are in theatre number five, enjoy the movie!" The lady in the booth said.

We all thanked her as we made our way in.