Section 3: Writer's Path

"Andersen, my friend! My comrade in pens! Would you be so kind as to grab me a book from that mountain over there?"  Shakespeare happily asked him.

"Are you just incapable of addressing someone without foisting friendship or whatnot upon them?" Andersen goes over to a pile where the book is at and was about to get it, but stops glares at Shakespeare

"You know, on second thought, I don't have to do a damn thing for you. Get it yourself if you want it that badly. That mountain of books is eerily well-balanced. If I pull any one of them out, it'll cause a book-a-lanche that would certainly bury me alive and then come after you."

Shakespeare simply smiles at him, "what a shame that is to hear! Though I must say, if you had to die, wouldn't being buried by books be the best way to go?"

He scoffs, "don't be an idiot. I could never Rest In Peace if I went out like that. I'm already killing myself to get these drafts done. If I have to die, I want it to be something other than books for once."

"Hmm, I see. I supposed that is one way in which you and I differ. You always put your life above all else even your stories!" Shakespeare hummed.

"Hmph. Guess it just goes to show that, unlike you, I'm not so happy-go-lucky as to want to filter everything that happens to me through the lens of comedy. Anyway, what's that book you just finished reading there?"

"The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. I plan on delving into The Tales of Ise next."

"Oh? I didn't realize Far Eastern literature was your thing now, Lord Shakespeare. Hahaha, it's mine too, would you believe? As you can see, I've most recently read the Kokinshu, the Gosenshu, and the Shuishu!" Caesar said.