A Serious Talk

Classes were canceled the next day. Mash woke up from her bed, did her usual hygiene routine, got dressed, and headed into the cafeteria for breakfast. She lets out a quiet yawn, still feeling sleepy after the long discussion she and Chaldea had yesterday about the villains that attacked USJ.

Six people sat around a table in Chaldea's library. The lights were off, and the only thing illuminating the room is one single candle placed at the center of the table.

Goredolf was befuddled as to why the meeting was set up like this. "Why is the library like this?"

"Beats me." Kadoc shrugged his shoulders, feeling grumpy that he had to be here, but since this was important, he had no choice but to bear with it until it was over.

"For suspense!" (Y/n) replied, feeling very cheery for someone who was taken hostage yesterday by Shigaraki and knows about Chaldea's secret.

In fact, the director calls her out on this. "How can you be so cheery after everything that happened yesterday?! Shouldn't you be panicking like I am?!"

But she just grins at him and says, "Well, if I just sit there and be miserable, then nothing will get done. Besides, I feel a little bit better!" It was true, though, that no one got hurt except for Aizawa and Thirteen, and she was happy to hear that Izuku got released from the nurse's station. She assumed the tired expression on his face was from getting scolded by Recovery Girl.

Sherlock chortles and says, "Well, it isn't (Y/n) if she doesn't immediately bounce back after something goes wrong!"

"To be honest, it's a little bit creepy." Da Vinci uneasily smiled.

"It's definitely creepy." Kadoc dully said.

"Really? I think it's kind of endearing. There are not a lot of people like her out there in the world." Sion gave her input while pushing up her glasses.

Mash comes back into the room holding a plateful of teacups. Each cup is filled with a different variety of tea or coffee that they asked for before she went into the back and made it. "Sorry for the wait. Here's your drink, everyone." She begins to steadily hand out each cup, taking care not to spill them all.

"Thank you, Lady Mash." Holmes took his cup and began to drink out of it, enjoying the delicious coffee she made. "Excellent as always, Lady Mash."

The purple-haired woman perked up at his compliment and enthusiastically bowed, "Thank you for the compliment, Holmes."

His smile then turned into a serious frown, and he said, "Now, let's get started, shall we?" Mash took a seat right next to Kadoc.

"Yep! Let's go over yesterday's incident. In the afternoon, during hero training, villains attacked USJ; their goal was to kill All Might." Da Vinci explained.

"And they were going to kill him using Nomu, some type of creature." Mash chimed in.

"We analyzed him and found out that he had shock absorption, which allowed him to reduce the effectiveness of physical blows by absorbing the shock from them. It was the reason why that boy's punch didn't do anything to him." Sion said and took a sip of her tea before continuing, "We also figured out a new power of his, which is regeneration. Pretty self-explanatory."