Do I wanna know? [Kou Kibiki x Reader]

[A/N]: So this is a kind of songfic, my first attempt, so uh, um, yeah, enjoy reading. :)

Kou found himself again looking at his company, (F/N). From her beautiful (h/l) (h/c) hair to her black punk boots. Everything about her was fascinating for the young "ghost hunter", just everything. The way her (e/c) orbs bored in his eyes, how he could identify almost every emotion she felt just by looking in the sea of (e/c). As I said, almost. The (h/c) was indeed, a mysterious being. Why do I say that? She sometimes exprimed some emotions, even her eyes were telling him that she is forcing them, she wants to be like everyone, that she has emotions, but does she?

Have you got colour in your cheeks?
Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift
The type that sticks around like something in your teeth?
Are there some aces up your sleeve?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat
Until I fall asleep
Spilling drinks on my settee

The most interesting thing about her was her smile, the true one, why? Cause it was as rare as a diamond, but it surely was more bright that one, it could bring a small smile on his face too. Why was she so distant sometimes? You may ask. It was because she knew more than she should, she could speak with ghost, she could hear them, she could hear every wounce of pain, every raged scream, every whispered hope, everything.

(Do I wanna know)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

He was curious indeed, (F/N) was the best soul-reader. She could read everything just by a simple glance or a small observation to a character, but she was the hardest to read. Kou couldn't even find love in her eyes, they almost always seemed dull or hurt, ever since Taguchi, her brother, died...
"I hear his scream.. I hear his pain..." (F/N) sobbed in his chest. "Kou, please don't die.. For me... Please... At least you.. Get out of here.."

They both got out fortunately, but Kou remembered that moment as it was yesterday, the only time he has seen through (F/N), the only time her mask broke.

Crawling back to you

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few?
'Cause I always do
Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through

Crawling back to you

He loved her, he truly did, even if he didn't understand how he got to love her, he did and it was the only thing that he knew it matters.

"Kou, it's late, you still thing we will catch a ghost?" (F/N) sweet as honey sleepy voice echoed through his ears, waking him up from his trance.

"We will, (F/N), as long as we work together, right?" He squeezed her hand and gave her a reassurance that he is there. He is there for her.

So have you got the guts?
Been wondering if your heart's still open and if so I wanna know what time it shuts
Simmer down and pucker up
I'm sorry to interrupt. It's just I'm constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss you
I don't know if you feel the same as I do
But we could be together if you wanted to

She sat there amazed, it was the first kind gesture that Kou had made after getting out of that hell of a haunted school, the first reassurance that he is healed, even if she wasn't. She didn't know if she should trust him, he was there where her brother died, he could have killed him, but she trusted him. She knew him. She knew he was better than this.

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

"R-Right." She smiled at him. It was one of those smile that always made Kou's heart to melt. It was a true one, a loving and caring one, telling him she trusts him.

Crawling back to you (crawling back to you)

Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? (you've had a few)
'Cause I always do ('cause I always do)
Maybe I'm too (maybe I'm too busy) busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through

Crawling back to you

He would always stay by her side, no matter what, no matter how hard it would rain, he would always give her, his jacket; no matter how hard it would burn, he would protect her from getting wounded; no matter how hard it would pain him, he would always look at her lovingly, knowing that the only feeling she cannot read is love.

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways?
(Sad to see you go)
Was sort of hoping that you'd stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day

He doesn't need to know if she loves him back, he doesn't need to know if she would response to his kisses, he doesn't need to know if she is capable of loving another human being. All he needs is her, and it will always be her.

(Do I wanna know?)
Too busy being yours to fall
(Sad to see you go)
Ever thought of calling darling?
(Do I wanna know?)
Do you want me crawling back to you?

___________________________________
[A/N]: The song is "Do I wanna know?" by Arctic Monkeys, one of my favourite songs and bands. It's kind of a song fic, kind of! It's my first attempt, so it won't be miraculous. Also, the next one-shot is with Kai on the same song but another story-line somehow. Love you, my bunnies. Also, excuse my English.