Candles. [Satoshi Mochida x Reader]

Warning ⚠: Shitty content and feels.. :'(

She cried again. Yes, again. She felt alone, even if she had friends.. WELL.. Somehow. _______ ________ was a very kind girl, but life wasn't like that. Her only true friend proved to be just Ayumi, even if at first she didn't like her. Why Ayumi didn't like her? Oh, because she was Satoshi's new friend, and of course, being in-love with him, she didn't like her. But then it happened..

Flashback

Ayumi was walking alone in the school, when she heard someone crying loudly while the rain was pouring outside. She rushed to see who was crying, and when she found the source, she couldn't belive her eyes. There _____ was, crying her heart out.

"I'm-I'm sorry, Ayumi. I-Is this your place? I'll go." She tried to sound normal, but she failed.

"What happend?" Ayumi asked worried. Yes. Worried. She knew something really bad must have happened if it made the cheerful girl cry.

End of Flashback

Ayumi did not expected to hear all the pain that was in her, how every day in that year she cried, how no one was truly there for here and more importantly: that her happiness is a mask. A mask that she wore to make others happy. To make people judge her less. She did not want attention, she hated it, so she hides her pain every day. Satoshi. Her friend.. Yeah.. HER FRIEND MY ASS.

They were best friends.. But popularity was more important, right? He never came to her contests, when she needed someone's support the most. He never helped her or was there anymore. But ______ always found a way to get him out innocent, even after what he did "He's been busy.", "He has more important stuff." and "He was having fun, I can't get that from him. He did not want to hurt me."

What kind of best friend is never there for you? What kind of best friend is never helping you?
What kind of best friend doesn't even acknowledge you sometimes?

'She always found him innocent..' Ayumi thought. Tomorrow was the biggest contest ______ has been entered in her whole life, and the said girl found it quite hard to ask her friend if he would be there.

"Satoshi!" she waved to him.

"Oh, ______, hi." He said, smiling.

"So, you will come tomorrow? You promised." The girl tried her hardest to smile.

"Oh.. What is tomorrow...?" Satoshi asked.

".. Y-You don't remember..? It's the art contest... International..." Don't break down, _____.

"Uh, I'm sorry, _____.  Tomorrow I was going with the guys at a party... You wouldn't mind, right?" Satoshi said.

"O-oh, of course n-not. I-it wasn't important at a-all. N-next year, m-maybe." ______ smiled at him, even if her voice was screaming with pain.

"Thanks, ______, you're the best!" He hugged the (h/c) girl and left.

Of course she wouldn't mind...
-
"Hey, Satoshi. Tomorrow it's my piano concert and I was thinking-"

"Oh, sorry _____, tomorrow I'm going at a club with Yoshiki. Maybe next time, okay?"

"Yeah.."
-
"Satoshi, next week my parents will be in London so I tought maybe we could-"

"I'm busy next week, ______. I'm so sorry. I promise I will make time for the next one."
-
But he never did.. Did he?

Ayumi's P.O.V.

I will find that jerk. I no longer like him, not after what he did to ______.

"SATOSHI!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Oh, Ayumi, I didn't know you were invited...? "

"I WAS NOT." I slapped him. " HOW DARE YOU?!"

"Wh-What?!"

"Oh, don't do that face to me. YOU KNOW WHERE _______ IS? No, you don't. BUT DO YOU KNOW WHERE NAOMI'S BOOBS ARE?! Maybe even better that you know your own name." I paused and slapped him again. " She's at hospital. Her heart stopped. She is dying." I snapped. "Now you can return to your activity."

My friend... My best friend is now dying... She just recieved the first place, but unfortunately her sick heart stopped.. The doctors didn't give her much more than a month to live, and she knew that.. Because a week ago, that month expired, so it was expected..  But she told me, and just me... I.. I'm sorry.. I'M SORRY I JUDGED HER.. Forgive me.. _____...

Third Person P.O.V

They were around her hospital bed, watching as she was slowly fading away. Ayumi hated Satoshi, that for sure.

"I don't want you here and I want you to know that you don't deserve to be here." Ayumi said.

Satoshi's red and puffy eyes lifted to look at her.. "I'm..sorry.. I.. know.."

"YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING?!" Ayumi yelled. "You made her cry! A lot! She wanted that last sliece of pizza, but she always gave it to you. She knew she wasn't perfect, but she tried her best to be your perfect friend. SHE PUT YOU FIRST. And most importantly she loved you and IT HURT. IT HURT EVERYTHING YOU DID. IT HURT HER AS NOTHING ELSE IN HER LIFE EVER DID. You've never been there for her.. And now you call yourself a friend?! But what hurts the most, is that she would do all this again. She would handle the pain again, if it was for you. And believe, you do not deserve any of this. You're a piece of dirt on her shoe, you got me?!" Ayumi yelled. "WATCH HER DIE, SATOSHI, WATCH EVERY MISTAKE YOU'VE DONE, EVERY WOUNCE OF PAIN, EVERY TEAR SHE CRIED BECAUSE OF YOU, WATCH THEM ALL!" She was shaking with anger. "Did it hurt you if you would have been there for her?! AT LEAST ONE TIME WHEN SHE NEEDED YOU, FUCKTARD." She slowly calmed down, and noticed all the endless tears that were running down Satoshi's cheeks.

"You-You're right.. I... I'm sorry... I deserve..  I deserve what I'm getting now... I.. I'm sorry.... " He sobbed. "I'M SO SORRY, ______!"
---------
---------
Years had passed after ____'s death, and now Satoshi was a depressed man.. He no longer talked to anyone, and he was now in Yoshiki's care. They were walking in a art gallery, _____'s favourite and then.. He saw it.

The corner dedicated to _______ __________

He remembered..

"Satoshi! I HAVE GOOD NEWS! I just---"

"Oh, sorry _____, what were you saying..?"

"D-.. Doesn't matter."

He remembered that he got distracted by how beautiful your face was shining in the dim light..

"Yo! Satoshi!"

Satoshi looked at the most loved painting.. It was a painting that captured a girl kissing a boy's cheek, and even if she was crying, she had a little smile.  But the boy looked all brigr and cheerful..

Under the picture, there was a message..

"Kind people are like candles.. They burn themselves to provide others light." - ______ _______

-----------
[A/N]: I cried. I don't know, I just had this idea and yeah.. I just.. I don't know.. I'm sorry it's shitty and all.. I'm..  I don't know. I think I'm getting worse at writing..