Because of him. [Reader x Kensuke Kurosaki]

Warning ⚠ - Addiction on caffeine and depression insinuation.

It was 3 p.m. and the classes were over. As usual, you went to your favourite coffee shop to drink your cocktail which was made with a bit of Fanta and energy drink. Yes, it was truly bad for you to drink that in a massive amount like an addictive person would, because now, you had heart problems, and even with them, you didn't stop. Why would you? It's not like your heart will become normal again if you stop now, and actually, even if it did, you weren't sure if you wanted to stop. What will change if you did? Still no one will care enough to be happy of your 'health'. No one would even ask if you're okay or dare to notice the changed colour in Fanta. No one. Not even him. Even if your last year was full of his presence, you were almost 100% that he wouldn't care at all of your health. Why would he?..

"The same, miss [Last Name]?" the waitress asked as you sat down and put your stuff on the table you usually sit at.

"Yes, as usual."

Your answer was blunt, with no emotion at all, like it was nothing. Your expression was cold and blank, no emotions shown. Why? Who did this? Oh yeah. Still him.

----

It was a lovely winter, two years ago, and you were all a cheerful and hopeful girl, a girl that everyone admired for her personality, but then, it happened.

"[First Name]?"

"Yes, Kurosaki-chan?"

"I want to tell a girl I like her, actually love her, how-.. how should I?"

Of course, your little 15-year-old heart broke right there, but you showed nothing, not to disturb him and hear those words 'I'm sorry' when he doesn't mean it, he just loves another girl, why shall he be sorry?

"I-.. Well. Show her. Actions may tell more her than words."

Well bullshit, it didn't work. Kensuke tought. He wanted to see a broken reaction that didn't come. Because you were strong and afraid of losing your only true friend. Only.

"Uh, yeah.." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess you're right."

----

Your addiction to caffeine came for this shitty conversation, and after that, he just kept telling you how beautiful that girl was, cracking you 'till the moment you were avoiding him. And now, you just told him to back off, that you are in a hard period and you just want to be alone. Alone... Alone fitted you better, it always did, didn't it?

"Here you go." said the waitress as she placed the cocktail on your table.

You were about to reach it when someone quickly and harshly sits on the free seat in front of you, no other then him.

"Kensuke-"

"You avoid me, you don't talk to me, you act cold to me and then you tell me to back off and to leave you alone?! Why [First Name]? Why?! What did I do to you?!" His voice was agitated and angry, a bit harshly, showing his nervousness.

"I told you already." Your reply was blank, as you just looked at him without any expression, taking a sip of your cocktail.

"Enough with that bullshit, you know I don't buy it!" You felt it, that he was growing tense, at first, you wanted to calm him, but why? What was the point?

"Do I look like I have time to deal with your nervousness? Because if you didn't get it, I want to drink, alone." You replied coldly, taking another sip.

"Bullshit! You always hated to be alone and we both know that. It's like- it's like I'm talking to Yuuya now! I don't recognize you at all, [First Name]!"

"HELL I CARE IF YOU DO." You were already angry about his words. "What if I do, what's your problem? Oh right, it's not your business." 

He noticed it, he noticed the annoyed hint in your voice and it hit him hard, that his gaze, without thinking, fell upon your drink, which colour was 'bizzare'.

"What are you drinking..?" He had concern in his voice, but now it was not the perfect time for him to show it.

"Oh, so in two years is the first time you show interest in my actions, now let me reply bluntly: None of your-"

"Business, it is my business! Stop saying that shit thing all over when we both now you're not convincing anyone." He replied taking the glass out of your hand when you let out a gasp of surprise and shock. He tasted it. He tasted the drink that was 70% energy drink, 30% Fanta. He was shocked, he knew how bad energy drinks are, and as you said, you were drinking it for more than two years, daily, massive, making even your own at home. "Are you suicidal?!" He just yelled, as you just rolled your eyes.

"Give it b-" You couldn't reply fully because he just took your hand and placed one finger to find your not-ritming-right pulse. "Kensuke! Don't!" Too late, he found it, he found your dirty and bloody secret.. Your heart problem that was growing worse each day, and still, you didn't stop.

"...[Fir-First Name].. Your pulse...is.." He looked at your face as he acknowledged that you already knew. "You knew! You knew and you keep drinking this shit that may kill you?!" He throws the glass away as he drags you out of the shop with all your stuff. Thanks Lord that you already paid. "Why are you doing this fucking shit, [First Name]?!" He had concern all over in his voice, combined with rage upon your suicidal actions. "Speak."

"Tch, hell I care." You replied looking in his eyes. "Go to your lovely girl, Kensuke and leave me alone. I don't need your pity, maybe she does." Hate, that was in your voice, hate.

"I can't! She's gone! Now a heartless and reckless one took her smile away and is killing her, if not, already killed her!" It took you a moment, was he refering at you? At your change? That he loves you?

"What..What do you mean?" Your eyes widened as his words.

"I mean I love you, [First Name]!" he yelled. "And you're fucking killing yourself, keeping yourself from me and acting all coldly around me, telling me to back off! Why? You are the same person that told me actions are better than words." He said as was holding your hands. It came back. He felt it. He felt the old cheerful girl in you.

"Kensuke I-... I'm sorry.." You could feel tears falling down to your cheeks. "I didn't mean to, I swear. I just.. " You sigh. "I just tought you were speaking about Tohko.." You admitted. "I kind of overreacted.. I'm sorry." You hung your head down.

"You got..jealous over something that wasn't like that?" He lightly laugh, and pulled you into a tight hug. "You dummy." 

That feeling, that urge for you to feel the sweet and enegry-filling taste was.. Gone. The sensation of being all sad and depressed was gone. Your loneliness was gone, and all, because of him again.

______________________________
[A/N]: Okay, I'll not be able to post the one with Tomohiro until tomorrow, I'm so sorry guys, but here it's 2 A.M. almost and I have to catch some sleep. I have this wrong habbit and I used it in this story as an idea. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not good, but as reader-chan, I can't stop. *puppy face* Well, here are all my up-coming stories, still open to suggestions.

Good Girl!Reader x Bad Boy!Tomohiro

Reader x Class Rep!Fukuroi

Reader x Kou Kibiki

Reader x Shougo Taguchi