I was never her. [Yoshiki Kishinuma x Reader]

Warning: Angst.

She loved Yoshiki, deeply, with every fiber of her being she loved him. Even with all her defects, she loved him. She knew she wasn't perfect, she had many mental disorders and her mental health was hanging on a tiny thread. She has felt depression before, she has felt anxiety before, but now they've grown so powerful. So powerful. They were eating away at her life because she knew she wasn't there her.

Ayumi.

Yoshiki's first love.

The one he couldn't forget.

Yet why did he accept her confession if he still loved Ayumi? It would be dumb. Right? But now, she wasn't so sure. Ever since Ayumi and Satoshi's wedding date was announced, he distanced himself from her. He spent less time with her and seemed lost in his thoughts all the time.

But that wasn't because he still loved her, right?

Today was [F/N]'s birthday and Yoshiki seemed as happy as ever, being even more affectionate than he ever was in public. Yes, that's right, he took her to her favourite [Italian/Chinese/German etc] restaurant. Their first date this month was at a five-star restaurant where you had to be rich to get in.

"You must've made a lot of effort to get us in, Yoshiki!" The girl happily giggled.

"I'm glad you're happy, [F/--" Their conversation was intrerrupted by Yoshiki's phone ringing. "Hello? What? What happened?!" His voice was extremely worried and in an instant, [F/N] heart knew who was on the other side. "Where are you? Are you alright?"

"What happend to Ayumi?" She asked, trying to hide the unbearable sadness that was eating her heart.

Yoshiki gave her a sad look as he told her how Ayumi and Satoshi got in a fight and he had to go. Of course he had to go.

".. I knew you never forgot her, Yoshiki-sama." She smiled sadly. "It's okay, she needs you, go. It's not like you would've stayed even if I asked you to."

Yoshiki looked at her in disbelief. "No, [F/N], you got it wrong, I--"

"Please don't worry. I'll be fine. It's not your fault. Go" She smiled at him and hoped her voice wouldn't crack.

I was never her anyway.

I'm sorry I disappointed you.

"I go, but I promise you're the one I love." He got up and left hurriedly.

If I was the one you loved, you would've stayed.

But even on my birthday, you don't, and that's fine. I was never her anyway.

I was always replaced after all.

She looked at the waitress who smiled sadly at her, and got up.

"I'm deeply sorry for wasting your time. My deepest apologies." She bowed and got up.

"It is no problem, the meal was paid by the gent-- sir. I apologize." The waitress bowed and started cleaning the table. "Happy birthday, madam. Could I serve you with a piece of cake?" The girl looked at her, hopefully.

"Thank you, but I'd rather not have any cake." She tried to smile and left the restaurant.

I'm sorry I was never her

I'm sorry I'm not useful to anyone

I'm so sorry I bother everyone

I'm so sorry I breathe

I'm so sorry, please forgive me, I never wanted to bother anyone, I'm so sorry.

Dark thoughts clouded her mind as her eyes were full of tears waiting to stain her cheeks. In few moments, all she heard was the screeching of the tires and the blind pain she felt when she smashed to the ground. Someone rushed to her side and tried to pick her up.

"Madam, please, breathe. Try to breathe."

So if I would just stop breathing, would all this stop? Would everyone be happy?

The man watched in horror as the young lady in his arms, covered in bruises and blood, looked at him teary-eyed and closed her mouth.

"Madam?!"

In few seconds, the body in his arms was limp are her eyes were dull.

----

"We're very sorry sir, but she has died in an accident--"

"No! You're lying! I left her alive! She was alive! She still is!" the heart-broken man continued to yell.

"Cut it out, would you?" The man, who was the last person the [e/c] coloured eyes ever saw, interjected. "She didn't die from the accident. The others who were hit by the car survived."

"Then how did she die, asshole?!" Yoshiki grabbed the man by the collar and picked him up.

"She closed her mouth and held her breath until her lungs gave out. It was suicide."

"No! You're lying!" Yoshiki yelled at the man with tears falling down his cheeks.

"Oh, am I? Were you even there?!"

The words were like a sword sent to Yoshiki's heart. No, he wasn't there.

He let go of the man's collar and looked at the doctor. "C-Can I see her?"

The doctor looked at him with obvious pity in his eyes and led the way to the mortuary. When they got there, he made him sit in front of a covered body. He carefully took away the snow white sheet and left the room.

"[F-F/N]?" he whispered as he chocked on his saliva. "I-I'm sorry."

He looked at her almost expecting an answer and the silence that followed only broke his heart even more.

"I l-love you.." He whispered again.

Nothing.

"I love you! Please!" He shouted and sobbed. "Please.. Come back.. I'm so sorry I left... I'm so sorry... It was your birthday..  I'm so sorry.. I'm such a horrible boyfriend... did you suicide?" he almost didn't want to believe the cruel truth the man spat at him. "Did you..?" He tried to keep his soul in check but everything was falling apart. "It was all my fault you're not here!" He yelled as he continued to let out agony sobs. "I don't love Ayumi.. I don't love her at all.. I'm so sorry for making you feel the way I promised you, you'll never feel when you're with me." He cried out as he held her close. "I know how sensitive you ar-- were.. I'm so sorry.. It's my fault.. I'm so sorry.."

It was pure agony for the nurses and doctors that heard the monologue the young man was having, knowing no one was going to reply to him.
---

Few days later, after [F/N]'s body was buried, Yoshiki's mother came home to find him dead on the floor in his apartment. She panicked and called the police, but the doctors that came along told her that he is already dead, and there's nothing they can do to bring him back.

All they've found in his apartment were [F/N]'s things in his bedroom, all on his bed, a notebook where all he's written was "I'm sorry" a million times and a note for "anybody who found him" to bury him next to the love of his life, [F/N].

"I don't want to live in a world where she's not and live with the unbearable thought I killed her. I'd rather be in hell and work myself to the bone for the devil just to see her happy in heaven,where I know she is."

-----

[ A U T H O R ' S   N O T E ]

So, how was this? ^^ I just felt in the mood of writing this and half of the idea came from an Iwaizumi x Reader, Stay, on deviantart. ^^ If you're into hq, check it out. I hope you liked it, since I haven't updated in a long time, I came back sooner to update just because I really felt in the mood. I'm sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes or anything, but literally I wrote this in a hurry. I'll fix them sometime. Again, I hope you enjoyed it ^^