Chapter 30

Remus' POV -
After the meeting, I went to my room and wrote a letter.
Dear Barty,
I know it's been a while. I'm sorry. Dumbledore tampered with my memories. I know that sounds like a really terrible excuse, but it's true. I miss you. It's like there's this empty space in my heart. Please, let me meet you. How about 11 tomorrow at the Shrieking Shack?
Remus
After finishing it, I gave it to my owl, Blackjack. As he flew away, I hoped Barty would say yes. I read for about an hour and a half, before Blackjack came back with a letter attached to his leg.
Remus,
I really miss you, and I really want to see you. I will come. But come alone. I don't want to go back to Azkaban, and I trust you.
Barty Jr
I smiled to myself. Tomorrow I would see him again.
Time skip

I was outside the shrieking shack, waiting for Barty. I was early, mostly because I didn't want to be late. Sirius aways teased me for being so punctual. I miss him. Alot. But he's not coming back. He's gone. At least I have James back.
"Remus?" I hear from behind me. I turn and see Barty.
"Hey," I reply. Suddenly I'm engulfed in a huge hug. I smile and hug back.
"I missed you. I thought you weren't going to come, or it was a trap made by Dumbledore but I had to see..."
"I missed you too." He kisses the top of my head, and we stayed in our embrace. After a while, I said we should go to the three broomsticks. Barty shook his head and told me to follow him. After about a 5 minute walk, we came to a small bar called the Serpents Tail. I'm guessing he knew the owners because he was happily welcomed inside. We sat down and ordered two butterbeers. And we just talked. About our lives, books and everything. We stayed in the pub for well over two hours. It was nice just to be able to talk, and not worry about what I was saying. Eventually, we had to leave. I had to go back to Grimmauld Place before I was gone too long, and Barty had to get back to Malfoy Manor. Before I left, he gave me a kiss goodbye, and I promise I would see him again soon, and with that he apperated away.