Chapter 40

Harry's POV-
"How are you feeling?" Tom asked me when we got back home.
"I don't know. The woman I believed was  my mum for my entire life is dead, which I thought I knew, but it still hurts. I know she isn't my mum, I know my parents are Severus and James, but its...I don't know." I told him, trying to get my thoughts out.
"I understand, Harry. There's part of her that will always be your mum. You spent years of your life loving her, even in her supposed death. Then we knew she was alive, and now your mourning someone who your heart still somewhat feels is your mother all over again."
I looked at him, and suddenly I broke. Something about the care in his eyes let it all out. Tears started streaming down my face and he pulled me into his chest, which I collapse into him, my face buried into his chest and soaking his shirt.
"Hey, shh. It's okay, my love, it's okay," Tom hissed to me in parseltongue quietly. It was comforting, having him there. I hadn't dealt with death since Sirius, and it was nice to have someone hug me, and tell me it was okay. He apperated us into our room, and sat us on the bed.

It was half an hour later when I felt better. I had stopped crying before, and I still didn't feel...right, but I the feeling of initial shock and grief had worn off.
"Thank you," I told him, pulling away a little to look him in the eyes.
"Don't thank me for giving you comfort," he replied, kissing my forehead.
"I want to see him. Dumbledore."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I want to see the man that ruined my life behind bars."
"What if he hurts you?"
"How bad can five minutes be after my entire life?"
"Yeah, that's fair."
The look on his face showed that he still didn't agree with my idea. The grip of his hand around mine tightened.
"You still don't want me to go, do you?" I asked him, running my thumb along his knuckles.
"No. I don't want you to get hurt."
"If you had your choice, you'd wrap me in bubble wrap and hold me in your arms forever."
"Am I really that transparent?"
"A little bit."
"I'm meant to be intimidating."
"Oh, you're very intimidating. Absolutely in no way a fluffy little wolf."
He rolled his eyes and laughed. It made me smile, to see him happy in the darkness part of me felt.
"Okay, if you want to see Dumbledore, I can make that happen. If you're sure."
"Positive."

AN- Posts single chapter and sneaks back into the abyss.
-ollie