Chapter 31

Harry's POV-
"You know what would be cool. If we turned into an animagus," Draco said as we were sitting in the Chamber of Secrets. Tom had shown me another room there, so we could be away from the rest of the school. I was currently with him, the twins and the ferret. The twins nodded in agreement to the statement. It might help them get away from Filch after setting their pranks. I thought about it for a minute. It would be a good way to spy on Dumbles and sneak around the school.
"OK," I said.
So we set about finding out how to become animagi. We told dad and papa of course, but we were planning on being unregistered. Papa told us that he and his friends had used the mandrake leaf in your mouth method, but none of us particularly wanted to do that. We searched for other options, until I found something in Slytherin's library. I called a meeting for the end of the school day.
"Guys, I've found a potion that can turn us into animagus, it's pretty simple, but is a pretty tenuous process. It will require all of us."
"Sure."
"I'm in."
"Great. So Draco, we'll certainly need your brewing abilities for this. And probably yours to, Gred, Forge. I hear you're some of the only Gryffindors dad actually respects and, dare I say, likes. Tom, we're going to need your tea and coffee making skills to keep us going and your attention span. "
" Let's get started. "

We started the potion that evening. I may or may not have raided dad's potions cupboard for the ingredients (you can't prove anything.) I cut and prepared ingredients, as well as helped Tom make beverages. I didn't do as much as the others, and spent a lot of time on Tom's lap reading or taking to him and the others. We had the problem that occasionally there were squiggles of parseltoungue that we needed to translate. When it got to lunch, Fred, Tom and I went up, ate, made up an explanation on the absence of the other in our house, before going back down with food. We stayed down there, rather than going back to our dorms. I tried to fight of sleep, but I eventually must have succumbed as I was suddenly awoken by a tired platinum blond. It seems my mate had also fallen asleep, as my living pillow suddenly jerked awake and cast a tempus to see that it was four am. "It's ready," the brewer whispered and we walked over to the cauldron. We measured out 5ml and drank it like a shot. Suddenly my insides started burning for about five seconds and then it stopped.
"I think we can turn. You guys ready?"
"Yeah"
"Okay, let's go one at a time. You first Fred." The ginger haired boy turned into a raccoon. Then, the second twin did the same. They became human again and Draco turned into a small house cat. I laughed and told him I had expected him to be a ferret. He rolled his eyes and came back up into human form. Tom went next. He turned into a snake. Let's be honest, no one was supprised. He came back up and I decided to go into mine. I pictured myself becoming an animal and suddenly I started shrinking. I opened
my eyes to see white paws, with black spots. Tom knelt down beside me. "Your a snow leopard, my dear," he said quietly. I turned back and we decided to go back to our dorms and get some sleep.