Chapter 9

A few weeks later...
Harry's POV -
It's been a few weeks since the incident with Ron and Hermione. They've stopped confronting me, and calling me Harry, but still send me letters. I do read them,but don't really care what they have to say. I think everyone is suspicious about me and Tom. We told all of Slytherin and I think everyone else just thinks we're dating. It's not like we try to hide it, I'm always holding his hand and we're never apart for more then 10mins. People say we're joined to the hip. Only Draco really knows this, but I also can't sleep without him. If I feel threatened, I subconsciously grip onto his hand, like I'm hoping he will protect me. Something that everyone is trying to work out is how me and him are such good friends, after being enemies for a good five years. I really wish I had shaken his hand in first year. Then things would've been different. I'm doing alot better on all my classes, particularly potions.

I am just about to go to dinner, when Tom says he'll meet me there. Thinking it was safe, and that he wouldn't be gone that long, I just shrug and say that it's okay. I go with Draco and we talk about what we did in lessons, when I feel like my mate is in trouble. I panic, and my wings spring from my back. I use my super speed to run the last few meters to the Great Hall. I look around, hoping to see my mate. When I can't see or smell him, I panic more. I unconsciously start to make the fire in the lanterns and the candles burn harder and make them larger flames. The ground starts to tremble. All the students look at me confused. Dad realises what is happening but can't do anything. Suddenly, Dumbledore comes in, smelling of my mate. I start to growl, "mate. He took my mate." Dad hears me, with his vampire hearing and looks at the headmaster. "What did you do to his mate?"