Chapter 7

AN- Although Harry is 16,the fight in the Ministry for Magic didn't happen like it did in Canon. Sirius still fell through the veil but Harry didn't see who sent the curse and assumed it was Bellatrix. The end of the fight also didn't happen.

A few weeks later...

Harry's POV -
Me, Tom and the Malfoys are walking down the Platform 9¾ to the train. The Malfoys being the Malfoys brought us here early. Dad dropped me off with them because he was going to be taking a port key to Hogwarts earlier that morning, since he's a teacher. During the last few weeks, I've been going round to Malfoy Manor to see my mate, but also Draco. He's a great person and a better friend then Hermione and Ron could ever be. I've helped him with the DADA homework and he helped me with the potions. I've never been good at potions, but with Draco and dad's help, I've been getting alot better. It also helps that the block on my intelligence has been removed.

It felt good holding Tom's hand as we walked down the platform. He was all you could ask for in a mate. He was kind and caring and confident and perfect. The three of us got onto the train and got into a compartment. Me and Draco filled Tom in on what the School was like now. It wasn't that different, but we had some new teachers. I was excited to find out who the new DADA teacher would be because, even though dad was offered the job, he decided he prefers potions. A few more people start arriving and I see the Weasleys and Hermione. They board the train and I grip Tom's hand harder. He had seen them to and tells Draco. We knew they wouldn't come into the slytherin part of the train but I was still tense. Finally, the clock shows 9.15 and the train starts to pull out of the station. It was just us three in the compartment because the slytherins knew that you didn't go into the "ice prince's" compartment unless invited.

When we got to the castle I went and sat down with Draco on the slytherin table. Everyone was shocked. The golden boy was sitting with Slytherins. The others in the green house didn't question it because I was with Draco, but gave me a few weird looks. The first years were all sorted, but just as the hat was being put away, it called, "Hadrian Potter-Snape." The entire hall gasp as I walk up to the front and the hat is put on my head. "Slytherin," it calls out. I go back to where I was sitting previously and my red uniform turns green.