Chapter 13

Harry's POV ~
It's finally Christmas Eve, and the first I am spending with my dad and mate. The tree had been decorated since 15th December. It was all perfect. I had gotten all my shopping done, and had presents for everyone. We all go to bed, me with Tom. I cuddled Tom, in a comfortable silence for at least quarter of an hour,befor falling asleep in his embrace.

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. My mate was already awake and I got dressed and came down with him to breakfast. Dad and the adult Malfoys were already down. About 5 minutes later, a tired Draco came down and served himself some poached egg. He woke up a bit when presents were mention (AN- this is honestly my brother, who will wake us up at 7.15 to open presents.) We went into the living room and each took a present from under the tree. Suddenly, an old owl that I recognised as Erroll flew in. She fell from the weight of the package attached to her ankle. I untied the present and she flew off again. "Why is Weasel's owl here?" Draco asked.
"My guess, the Weasleys are trying to get me to like them again." I opened the package, which contained a blue weasley sweater and a cake. The cake smelled like it was riddled with love, trust and hate potions, so I chucked it out. Draco opened one of his presents, which I recognised as the one I bought. It was a green diary, with a silver snake coiled around it. The snake would let you open the book if you gave it the password. We then all opened presents and everyone liked what I had given them. I had gotten Dad a bottomless potions box. My favourite presents were from Draco, Dad and Tom. Draco had gotten me a snitch, containing a small silver snake pin. Dad had given me some of his old potions book, which had little notes written in the margins. Tom had given me a necklace with a carved wood wolf in the middle of the charm. Next to it was a carved feather. It was beautiful. I put it round my neck and kept it there the rest of the day. After a proper Christmas lunch, we sat and played charades and other board games.