FORTY

Chapter XL- Did I Do The Right Thing?

(Ethan's POV)
-Many months later

I irritatedly shuffled all the paperworks, and folders aside, as I waited for the next meeting. Nothing is going right these days, and it's annoying the living crap out of me.

Same thing happens; read the paper, go to the meetings, and sign the paperwork. It's going through the same cycle each and every single of my living day for months now.

The telephone of my office rings. I sighed picking it up.

"Mr. Anderson, the meeting starts in 2 minutes tops." My assistant Natalie notified me.

"Cancel it, and move it tomorrow afternoon."

"Alright, anything else?"

"That'll be all." I hung up the phone.

I leaned my whole chair a little behind, and thought to myself; why did my life suddenly got boring? in other words; normal? I'm used to feeling excited, and perked up; but now, it's all plain and simple.

I sat back down to its original place, and picked up my phone that is on to the table besides the folders. As it landed on my palm, I thought to myself; what am I waiting for? more in depth what am I looking for? My satisfaction? My needs? Ugh.

I settled my phone back, and groaned to myself. I laid my head down; wrapping my arms around my head; interfering the air. The thought of her came by. The happy memories we had. Everything she told me, and shown me. I slowly went up for air, and again pick up my phone. I unlock it, and went to my contacts. I scrolled down to her name.

2 options to myself. To call? Or Turn my phone off, and just ignore. I sighed, moving my thumb to the call section. I'm an inch close to calling her, but slowly stop. I turn off my phone, and then again settled it back down on the desk.

No longer than any second my phone rings. My heart leaps up and down, and I quickly picked up my phone. It's a call from Norma. I answer it.

"Hey, I was just about to get done." I chuckled, "what's up?"

"Since you're about to get out of there, we should go get dinner. I know a place." I can feel the excitement in her voice.

"Sounds like a plan, so I'll pick you up?"

"No, need to, I'm already in front of the building. Now, hurry and get yourself out of here."

"Alright Miss Per--." I paused, "Miss Ashford." I coughed, hoping that she didn't hear that I almost called her Miss Perry.

"Good, I guess I'll see you." She hung up the phone.

I wonder what was that about. I guess that I'm just used to her bossing me around, that it made me like this. I shook off the thought, and pick everything up, and went outside my office.

I went through the elevator, then finally I made it into the lobby. There, I saw the car parked out front.

"You've made it." Norma smiled, "get in Anderson."

I open the door, and hopped inside the car. She slowly started the engine, and made herself out of the curb.

"So, where are going?"

"This place that I just discovered." Norma said, "we'll be there in about five minutes tops."

"Alright." I glance at her before leaning my head against the window.

Another thought of her invades my head. My memory. I literally cannot forget about her. Every single day since I let her go; there it started. I cannot stop thinking about her.

"We're here." Norma parked the car.

I hopped off the car, and made my way to her side.

She slid her hand around my hand.

As soon as we started walking; I just know that I've been here before. This is where she took me to have pizza for dinner. I smiled at he memory.

"Have you ever been here before?" Norma asked.

"No." I lied. I hid my smile aside, as I remember our memories about this place.

As we got inside; I glance at the booth we sat into. I remember how she pulled me into the booth excitedly. I smile at the memory.

"Let's go." Norma pulled my hand, and we sat at the same booth we sat on to, "order will come in about fifteen minutes."

I smiled as a response. Her phone rings, making her jump a little.

"I have to take this." She went outside the booth, then outside the place.

I slowly glance at a couple feeding each other pizza like Katy and I did. I envy how they're like, and I hope that I'm like that as well. I smiled at every memory we have here. And the time we played with tomato sauce, and we got kicked out. I miss all those memories we had.

I just don't get how she can have this effect on me, when we only fake date for about a month or two.

-.-.-

After dinner, Norma insisted that she wants to drive, so I let her.

I thought of her again. And asked myself one question.

Did I Do The Right Thing? To let her go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n; looks like Ethan is starting to regret letting Katy go.

#QOTD; Do you guys think that Ethan should take/fight to get Katy back?

#SOTD; Year 3000 by The Vamps 💖💖😍