FORTY-ONE

Chapter XLI- I've Moved On.
(Ethan's POV)

I sat along with 20 other people in a two hour meeting. I lazily tap on my desk with my pen, as I listen to them. I really never like attending meetings like this, but I have to face it even how boring it is.

Then, I started thinking about her again. How she made my life not so boring, and actually eventful. I miss how I get excited everyday waiting for what she has planned for me. I smile at the memory of her.

I wonder what she's doing right at this very second. Hopefully she's doing okay. I never really intend to hurt her the way I did. I just got hurt, and I guess that I took that chance, and hurt her right back. If only I could go back.

The next thing I know; they all stood up, shaking each other's hands. The meeting must've come into conclusion. I stood up like the others, and shook each one of their hands; even though I have no idea why.

As they all left; I sat back down my section. I turn on my laptop, and made myself to the picture section. It was filled with our pictures; goofy ones of course. I press one picture, and slowly scrolled through the rest. Every single time I see her smile, I automatically smile back. It's contagiously weird. I guess that she can really have that effect on people.

I stare deeply to her face, slowly moving my index fingers to caress her virtual picture. I smile along the way, hoping that this was real.

But, I realize that I can't be like this every single day; regretting that I let her go. I have to move on as well. I coughed, and exit out of the album. I picked up my laptop, and shove it inside my backpack.

I got out of the conference room, and made my way out of the whole building. I got in my car, and start the engine. As I hit the red light, I glance at the seat next to me; remembering yet another memory of her. Why can't I forget about her? Why can't I?

There's only one way this can blow over. I have to at least see her.

I maneuver, and took a turn at a freeway. Only for about ten minutes, maybe more I'll arrive at the front of her house. Maybe I can talk to her as well, and apologize to what I did.

(At Her House)

As I arrived a little bit far away from her house; I glance at the door; hoping that it would open revealing herself.

I waited, but there was no show. Her car is in the driveway, so that must mean that she's here. Unless she got picked up by someone.

I turn off the engine, and park my car. I waited inside, not out.

I don't know how long I was waiting, but there was a car pulling up. I have never seen this car before. It parked or front her driveway. That must be her, and her sister.

As soon as the car door open; revealing John and Her together. Not just together, but closely together; like a couple type close. I can see how he has his hand wrapped around her waist, and her hand wrapped around his neck. This hurts me a lot than when Norma broke up with me. I just know.

I grab on to the steering wheel, holding my jealously and anger, so I wouldn't burst, and actually beat the crap out of the guy. I don't want to look like a bad guy again. As soon as they got inside; I slowly made my way out of the curb. As I was driving; there's one tear streaming down the corner of my eyes.

Why did I get hurt by that? I should be happy now that she's happy. She have move on, and I should as well. I have Norma back, which was the whole plan; I should be happy. But part of me know, I'll never be happy when I'm not with her.

-The Next Day

Same thing happens again; go to work, and go home around 7. I have to face the fact that my life got boring when she was out of it.

It's only around noon, and I already attended 5 meetings already. All of them are nothing but profits, and boredom.

"Next meeting is in about 5 minutes Mr. Anderson." She notified me.

I nod before; getting inside my office. I settled my stuff down aside, and glance at the city view. I asked myself; how did I got here? At this state of emotion. I just realize now realize how boring normal is.

During the meeting; their voices was distorted based on the fact that I have my full focus somewhere else. Her smiles flashed before my eyes; remembering how I felt looking at it. I started to remember how her lips felt on mine, it was extraordinary. There's a part of me saying that I have felt this before; but I can't exactly tell.

My head wanders around her memory. I wonder when I'll stop thinking about her. She surely did move on. I should be doing the same thing right?

The meeting ended again, leaving me the only person in the room. I sighed, fixing all my stuff; shoving it inside my case.

I didn't leave the room right away. I sat down, and rest my head. I thought to myself; why do I keep doing this to myself? I have to stop. Feeling like this every time, are not going to bring her back. I have to face it, I don't own her.

I hear the door creaking, which means that I am not alone. Obviously. I turn around; one of the guy in the meeting. I wonder what he needs from me.

"Anderson." I greeted him. His grip is tighter than the usual small shake hand I usually do in one of my meetings, "and you are?" I should know his name, but based On the fact that I wasn't paying attention to anything.

"Dean. Just call me Dean." His shook my hand again, but this time it got tighter. He glared at me like he wants to do something bad to me.

We stood in the middle of the room; glaring at each other with out grip tight in each other's hand.

As I was still holding his tight grip; a flash came by. It was telling me something, but I chose to ignore it. This is probably just nothing. But part of me chooses not to ignore it.

Why do I get the feeling that I know him before?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; a little suspense there now that Dean is back in the action.

#QOTD; How do you feel now that he's back?

#SOTD; Often by The Weeknd 😍😭😍😍