FORTY-FIVE

Chapter XLV- Stuck In The Elevator

(Ethan's POV)

I have been sticking to my plan these passed couple of days. I don't know how long I'll be keeping it up, but so far it's getting stronger. Which is a good thing for me. And even though that I'm just doing this for friendship; that's where most relationship starts too as well.

I know that it'll be a pain in the ass knowing that they're going out, but hey, it's my fault anyway. I have to suffer the consequences. That's just life goes, and it sucks.

"Do you really have to go on that business trip?" I groaned like a baby, as I watch Norma shoving her duffle bags inside her car trunk.

"Yes loves I have to. And besides, this is gonna be a great opportunity for me to learn about the business industry." ️She pulled my waist closer.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Yes, I am sure loves." ️she pecked my nose, "now, if you excuse me, I have to go." she kisses my lips before heading inside the car. I waved, and as soon as the car faded; I went back inside the empty house.

I sat back down the couch, leaning my head against the edge, when suddenly my phone started ringing out loud. I examine the room to where I last put it, and---- bingo; at the counter. I stood up, and picked up my phone.

"Hello."

"I need you to pick me up now. Be here in five minutes, or else--." she threatens me.

"Got it bossy pants. Capitol Records right?"

"Yes, now I have to go." she hung up.

I look over the time of my phone; estimating the time I'll be there. It's 10 minutes drive from here, but if I go now, and there's not much traffic; I can get there in time. With just a minute in spare.

I rushed to my car, and nervously start the engine. The tires screech, as it accelerates out of my driveway. I look over he time, having only four minutes left, and I'm not even halfway through.

As I past the first stop light; that's when the mayhem started. All the cars honking, and drivers changing lanes; creates this huge mess. I honk about four times, before getting a clear way.

I look over the time; only having three more minutes. I might just make it if I don't come across another traffic. I took a turn, at the final street before hitting the final mile.

Two more minutes. Uh-Oh, I might not make it. I stepped on the gas pedal harder, and there finally it speeds up as it should be.

I took another turn at the final block before seeing the Capitol building. I hurriedly rushed into the parking lot. She's not here yet. Which is good.

I parked my car in front of the curb, waiting for her to get out.

(30 minutes later...)

I tap on the steering wheel as I waited for her to come out. It's been half hour, and she's still not out yet. I get that she's a busy person, but if she's gonna call me for a ride, and threatens me to be here in five minutes or else something bad might happen, she should at least be here by now.

An hour later, she's still not out yet. Okay, I'm heading inside. I got off my car, and walked inside the building for the Capitol records. The walls are painted in red, and frames of old records were hanging. I looked around the area; trying to find the studio, which is gonna be hard because this whole entire building is a studio.