hiraeth [introduction & TW]

HIRAETH: (n.) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or never was.
[pronounced: HEER-EYETH]

extended summary

It's been 7 years since the battle at Hogwarts. Life has long resumed for the wizards and witches of Great Britain, under new jurisdiction of the great dark lord Voldemort. Harry Potter is dead, and his allies are in hiding, trying to strategize new ways to defeat the dark lord, but hope is running thin as the years continue.

Draco Malfoy has been sent on a mission to North America, where he's to capture, question and kill any of the resistant members who have fled there for safety.

Continuing his new life in a new country, with no plans of returning home anytime soon, he's tormented by the thoughts and guilt from his past, and present. Haunted by the ghosts of the fallen, and silenced by the oath of solitude to continue to serve the one true leader.

But everything changes when he meets a sweet muggle girl, who he seems to not be able to get away from.

Admiring her innocence, and envious of the simple fact that she has no idea of what he and his former classmates have to endure by the hands of the twisted life they all are suffering.

But when a tragedy leaves him returning to the home he hasn't been to in some time, his new friend joins him, only to discover the world is full of a lot more mysteries than she could have ever imagined.

But she has secrets of her own, some of which, even she doesn't know of. And she may just be the key to everything.

And sometimes love isn't always able to conquer above all.

Disclaimer

I would like to acknowledge a few things before we embark on this adventure.
For starters, many things may be changed due to creative decisions. This story takes place long after the battle, and I have decided to branch off of what is known of our loved characters.
Some may remain dead, some may not. Some characters have changed drastically, and you may not recognize their new personalities. But you'll have to read to find out.

This story will have some dark moments. So I would like to put a TRIGGER WARNING for all those who may be sensitive to these things, but know, I am only writing from the perspective of some things in which I, myself have experienced, so any jokes about anything triggering will not be tolerated, as I will not allow anyone with similar experiences to feel uncomfortable or hurt.

!TRIGGER WARNING!
This story contains themes of:
-Depression
-Mention of non-consensual sex (I will not be going into detail when referring to that, so don't worry.)
-PTSD
-Anxiety
-Death
-Depictions of violence
& torture/murder
-Loss of loved ones
~ ~ ~
If anything more arises, I will be sure to post a TW beforehand.

I would also like to note, I will not tolerate any sort of hate in the comments. Whether it be towards me, my story, or any other commenters. We're all here for one reason, which is the love of the Harry Potter universe. So please respect others. I know the HP fandom has become quite toxic since taking over tiktok, and I will NOT allow any racism or hate speech anywhere on my page. Here, we support BLM, the LGBTQ+ community, and women's rights.
My page is a safe space, and if anyone is rude to you in anyway, please tag me and they will be blocked and reported.
You are safe here, I promise.