THIRTEEN

misery business

Morning. Dru's favorite time of day. She was thankful it was Saturday, so she didn't have to work and face the wrath of Bianca. But she was more thankful for the person she was waking next to. Her eyes opened and she looked to the man laying asleep under her draped arm. She smiled to herself. Last night was amazing, and she never knew after so long, she'd be able to enjoy her sexuality again. But here she was. Taking baby steps and moving forward, slowly but surely. Quietly, she crawled out of bed and began to search for her clothes, but her dress seemed to be missing. So instead, she pulled on one of Draco's shirts, which was practically a dress on her anyways, so it'd be fine. But she knew his friends, who were slowly turning into her friends as well, would make some sort of comment about it. But she didn't mind, so she made her way to the kitchen. Pansy was seated at the bar stool at the little breakfast bar connected to the sink, and immediately set down her newspaper, looking to Dru. "Rise and shine, Dru berry." She joked. Clearly Calista had told her about Dru's nickname.

"Morning." Dru awkwardly laughed, pouring herself a cup of coffee. She noticed the two boys were gone and presumed they were off getting breakfast or something.

"Sounded like you and Draco had a fun time last night." Pansy eyed here, before glancing back down at the paper.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Dru's eyes grew wide, completely mortified and remembering how loud she had got, forgetting others were in the flat.

"Don't be. Was actually kind of hot. Just glad I didn't have to hear him." Pansy made an 'ick' face.

"Yeah, we didn't get that far." Dru muttered, feeling kind of bad that Draco didn't get to finish as she had.

"Oh? If you don't mind my asking, what did you do then?" She smirked, raising a brow.

"It's more of what he did." Dru scrunched her face, embarrassed. Pansy's mouth dropped, happy herself to see that Draco was making progress with not being such a selfish prick in bed with women.

"Wow, you've got him wrapped around your little finger, Dru."

"I feel kind of bad about it though. I wanted to continue, but I couldn't." She stopped herself. This was getting very personal. Pansy's smile faded as she got a sick feeling in her stomach, beginning to know what could be said.

"Who?" Pansy asked.

"I'm sorry?"

"Who hurt you in the past?" She was prying, but she didn't care. Dru was her only girl friend she's seemed to have made, and she was angry now. She knew what a victim of sexual abuse looked like, when she herself was one.

"I- uh, I don't know what you mean-,"

"Dru, cut the shit. We're friends, yeah? Friends tell each other things. And it's clear whatever this was that happened to you in the past has fucked you up, but you're not alone." Pansy shoved the paper aside and faced her completely. Then, in a burst of trust, she rolled up her sleeves and revealed her wrists. Scars buried deep into her skin were clear as day now. What Dru didn't know, was Pansy usually used magic to cover these scars up. But it was a Saturday, and they had no plans. Dru reached forward, holding her hand gently, while looking closely. "Two men. A, dungeon of sorts, you could call it. Three days. Draco and the boys found me." Pansy told her, pulling her arms back and covering them with her sleeves again. "It was years ago, and I've moved past it. But I've learned it's okay to be honest with others on what's happened to you. It doesn't define me and it doesn't make me any less of a woman. It's just helped me grow and overcome much darker shit."

"What happened to the men?" Dru asked, feeling her heart drop for her. Pansy obviously couldn't tell her how Draco, Theo and Blaise had actually killed the two death eaters who took advantage of her that night in which took place only two weeks after the battle at Hogwarts. So she had to lie.

"They're rotting away in a cell somewhere." Pansy smiled, because the real truth gave her comfort. "I know it's hard to admit to yourself what's happened. But believe me, it helps so much more than bottling it up." She assured. Dru took a deep breath, unsure if she wanted to say the words out loud. Her mind took her back to that cold apartment three years ago. She had just left him, and was trying to gather her things. Items being thrown at her, bruises covering her arms. She was so scared. 'Nobody will ever love you like I did' he screamed at her. "But hey, I get it if you don't want to-,"

"I was raped." The words spilled out without warning. Pansy looked to her again. "I uh, was in an abusive relationship. He would get physical with me and I was too scared to leave. For a while, I told myself 'this is what girlfriends do, I'm supposed to be giving him what he wants whether I want to or not'. But when I finally gained the courage to leave, and was gathering my stuff, he cornered me. He uh, he beat me and he," she stopped herself, as a lump formed in the back of her throat, "he raped me. I had to go to the hospital after I was able to finally leave because there was just so much blood. But I still was too terrified to tell them who did it to me. So I said I didn't know. I've been terrified of him since, and pretty much most men." Dru felt a weight lift off her shoulders. She had never said that much out loud. Ziggy and Calista knew the simplified version, but it was always to difficult to actually announce.

"You didn't deserve that to happen to you, you know that right?" She asked. Dru nodded, while tears trickled down her cheeks. "You're a badass, Dru Scott. And that guy, can get fucked." Pansy smiled at her, before hugging her. Pansy was not one to hug. But after what she had gone through, she remembered feeling the safety within her own friends arms after she was rescued. So it was the least she could do, for now.

"Well, I should probably get going." Dru wiped her tears, standing from the stool.

"Got plans?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen Ziggy in a little while and I know Calista's down there, so I should probably spend the day with them. Usually, on Saturday's we pick out movies and stuff our faces with snacks, so I can't miss out on that tradition." Dru laughed, smiling.

"And you're good with just rocking Draco's shirt?" Pansy smirked.

"Ziggy will have something I can wear. Believe me, I swear he's more fashionable than anyone I've ever met. But hey, will you let Draco know? I don't want to wake him, but I also don't want to seem like I just kind of flaked." Dru asked, kindly.

"You got it." And with that, Dru walked out and headed to Ziggy's apartment downstairs. Pansy was about to go back to reading the paper when she looked down the hall toward Draco's room and noticed the door was parted a little open. "Christ, Draco, you can come out from wherever your hiding to eavesdrop." Pansy rolled her eyes and suddenly Draco emerged from the bathroom, slightly ashamed of himself for all that he heard. "You know, it's kind of rude to listen in on your girlfriend discussing her trauma to a friend."

"I woke up and noticed she was gone and before I could walk in here, I heard her discussing what happened to her. I couldn't just stop her from sharing her truth but I also couldn't walk away." He defended his motive. Pansy clicked her tongue three times while shaking her head at him.

"Excuses, excuses."

"I had a feeling she had been through something. I just wasn't sure what." He walked closer, rubbing his head and feeling angry at not only whoever this sick fuck was, but himself for not realizing more, sooner.

"So what're we going to do about?" Pansy's eyes flickered with revenge and her grin broadened into a wicked smile.